RadioBanter

-   -   HONEYWELL WATTMETER? (https://www.radiobanter.com/swap/60254-honeywell-wattmeter.html)

Reg1647 October 8th 04 09:07 PM

HONEYWELL WATTMETER?

Need help, I have a wattmeter that has 50-160 MCS. 52 OHMS. What is MCS? What
type of equipment will that test? Thanks

Steve October 8th 04 10:08 PM

Mega Cycles ?
The old term for Mega hertz, MHz?

NN7Kex(NOSPAM)k7zfg October 9th 04 04:51 PM

Reg1647 wrote:
Need help, I have a wattmeter that has 50-160 MCS. 52 OHMS. What is MCS? What
type of equipment will that test? Thanks

MCS = Megacyclesper second- the terminology for MHz or mega-hertz, until around
25 years ago. In other words, it is a watt meter that covers the 6 meter and
2 meter bands, and tell you a transmitter's output power (like a Bird wattmeter).
Jim NN7K