Old December 3rd 04, 01:43 AM
W2RAC

Default DUAL not duel. DUH!

I love people who cant spell!
DUAL as in Dual Band.

I get a laugh out of ebay when I search for duel.
Old December 3rd 04, 05:43 AM
Paul Keenleyside

"W2RAC" wrote in message
I love people who cant spell!
DUAL as in Dual Band.

I get a laugh out of ebay when I search for duel.

It's "can't" rather than "cant".

It's also correctly...

I get a laugh out of ebay sellers' descriptions when I search for "duel".

Old December 4th 04, 12:36 AM
Evan Platt

On Fri, 03 Dec 2004 01:43:39 GMT, W2RAC wrote:

I love people who cant spell!
DUAL as in Dual Band.

I get a laugh out of ebay when I search for duel.

I've snagged many a good bargain on eBay because someone misspelled a
vital part of the model name or number.

Hint: If you are looking for a model ab-123, look for ab123, ab 123,
123, ab, etc.

Old December 4th 04, 03:42 AM
Steve Silverwood

In article , rcook31
@cfl.rr.com says...
I love people who cant spell!
DUAL as in Dual Band.

I get a laugh out of ebay when I search for duel.

Then again, with some of the fights that break out on the air these
days, "duel" might be applicable after all....

--

-- //Steve//

Steve Silverwood, KB6OJS
Fountain Valley, CA
Email:
Old December 4th 04, 03:14 PM
Steve

Why is it for you yankee's that little things like that ****
you off? Take a chill pill dude and mellow!
Regardless of how its spelled we get the jist of it!

Guess the net is full over retentive people who have nothing
else to worry about!

steve in tx........

Old December 4th 04, 03:16 PM
Steve

Ohh! by the way I do have a duel band talkie also!
never use for the ham bands, just on the hunting lease.

tx steve.....

Old December 4th 04, 05:07 PM
Noise From Afar

Dualing Banjos or Dueling Radios
We all know what he meant

--
ruido de icógnito

Old December 5th 04, 05:18 PM
Bob

But what if you were looking for a nicely hand crafted matched pair of
flint lock pistols???

;-)

I don't hold out any hope for the English language, illiteracy rules...
The adverb is dying, and others say "I talk too negative."
(sadly, you might get the joke therein, but most will not.)

Old December 5th 04, 11:53 PM
chris inos

This topic reminded me of a friend who speaks 7 languages and works as
a Translator in the United Nations...He spells terrible...but
speaks/enunciates
perfectly...In translation (during meetings...simultaneous
broadcast)he is about three words behind the speaker. So what does
spelling has to with his job. just $.02
ci

W2RAC wrote:

I love people who cant spell!
DUAL as in Dual Band.

I get a laugh out of ebay when I search for duel.

are the GRUNDIG YB550 / TECSUN PL230 dual conversion? ulTRAX Shortwave 9 November 20th 04 02:43 AM
WTB: Dual band portable WKR Swap 1 November 3rd 04 07:05 AM
Dual Coax Antenna Shortround Shortwave 2 June 27th 04 12:54 AM
BOLO STOLEN XTL5000 mobiles here are serials and models john private smith Swap 2 January 6th 04 05:01 AM
FS: NEVER USED COMET DUAL BAND ANTENNA SYSTEM Dean Swap 0 December 8th 03 03:28 AM