RadioBanter

-   -   New FCC chairman nominated (https://www.radiobanter.com/swap/66979-new-fcc-chairman-nominated.html)

Mr. Chigliac March 17th 05 03:27 AM

New FCC chairman nominated

http://www.hamwave.com/cgi-bin/index...iewnews&id=660

Pat Stevens March 17th 05 01:58 PM

"Mr. Chigliac" wrote in message
http://www.hamwave.com/cgi-bin/index...iewnews&id=660

You'll never change

John March 17th 05 10:24 PM

ORWELL??
"George Orwell" wrote in message
In article
"Mr. Chigliac" wrote:

Another right wing nut bible beating bush boot licker. Just what we need
to further screw up the airwaves. Instead of "indecency," they should be
worried about the lies that come out of this administration that make it
to radio and tv. Now there's a problem to solve.
"Iraq has WMD poised to be used against the United States at any given
moment." George W. What-the-hell-is-truth Bush 2002

Brenda Ann March 17th 05 10:41 PM

"Mr. Chigliac" wrote:

Another right wing nut bible beating bush boot licker. Just what we need
to further screw up the airwaves. Instead of "indecency," they should be
worried about the lies that come out of this administration that make it
to radio and tv. Now there's a problem to solve.
"Iraq has WMD poised to be used against the United States at any given
moment." George W. What-the-hell-is-truth Bush 2002

Nah, it's worse than that... another damn lawyer that most likely knows
nothing whatsoever about spectrum, it's use, or the laws of physics..

John Doe March 18th 05 12:21 AM

LOOK!
If the LAWS of physics are going to adversely the American economy,
Then we'll just change em.

Dan/W4NTI March 18th 05 12:33 AM

"Mr. Chigliac" wrote:

Another right wing nut bible beating bush boot licker. Just what we need
to further screw up the airwaves. Instead of "indecency," they should be
worried about the lies that come out of this administration that make it
to radio and tv. Now there's a problem to solve.
"Iraq has WMD poised to be used against the United States at any given
moment." George W. What-the-hell-is-truth Bush 2002

Nah, it's worse than that... another damn lawyer that most likely knows
nothing whatsoever about spectrum, it's use, or the laws of physics..

Lets give him a chance and see if he is a Powell clone or not. According
to the ARRL he at least acknowledged the fact that BPL would likely cause
interference to licensed users.

It should'nt take him a month or so to show his true colors. Maybe we will
get lucky this time.

Dan/W4NTI

Bob Miller March 18th 05 03:20 AM

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 20:14:16 -0600, Leonard Martin
wrote:

In article ,
George Orwell wrote:

In article .net
"Dan/W4NTI" wrote:

I'm afraid the "luckiest" we got this year was when Powell left. You can
bet if this is a bush appointee, he knows little more than how to nod his
head up and down. In fact, bush and/or his boys might think that BPL
means, "beer party later."

He's a Republican.
If it helps big business he'll be for it.
Any other interest that gets in the way of business will be shown the
door.
That's the way they've been since AFTER Teddy Roosevelt.
Yet some of you will still be surprised.

Leonard

Since he's Republican, there's probably more wrong with him than
right. But he did side with the FCC Democrats and voted against the
consolidation of media outlets under few owners. Maybe there's hope?

Bob
k5qwg

L. M. Rappaport March 18th 05 03:05 PM

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 03:27:36 GMT, "Mr. Chigliac" wrote
(with possible editing):

http://www.hamwave.com/cgi-bin/index...iewnews&id=660

Again there is still no engineer on the commission. When will they
learn?

--

Larry
Email to rapp at lmr dot com

Bruce in Alaska March 18th 05 06:27 PM

In article ,
L. M. Rappaport wrote:

Again there is still no engineer on the commission. When will they
learn?

When the Democrats finally get kicked off the Commission, and we get
rid of "TaxOnGas" in Congress. He has had a hardon for the FCC forever.
Blame this all on Clinton/Gore and their "Reinvention of Government"

Bruce in alaska
--
add a 2 before @

Dan/W4NTI March 18th 05 09:23 PM

"Bob Miller" wrote in message
On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 20:14:16 -0600, Leonard Martin
wrote:

In article ,
George Orwell wrote:

In article .net
"Dan/W4NTI" wrote:

[...]

Of course you ALL know that Powell was appointed by Clinton, don't ya?

Dan/W4NTI