RadioBanter

-   -   Inexpensive HF rig wanted (https://www.radiobanter.com/swap/70722-inexpensive-hf-rig-wanted.html)

JLewis May 10th 05 09:55 PM

Inexpensive HF rig wanted

My nephew is studying for his ticket and I want to get him an inexpensive HF
rig...

I don't really care about the make or model but it must be solid state,
with general coverage, and work 100% on all functions (SSB / CW / FM (if
included), etc.).

This will be his first rig - no 'fixer uppers' / or junk...

Thanks.

John
St. Louis MO

EdT May 11th 05 04:02 PM

JLewis wrote:
My nephew is studying for his ticket and I want to get him an inexpensive HF
rig...

I don't really care about the make or model but it must be solid state,
with general coverage, and work 100% on all functions (SSB / CW / FM (if
included), etc.).

This will be his first rig - no 'fixer uppers' / or junk...

Thanks.

John
St. Louis MO

I have a Icom 718, works and looks great. About as simple as a modern
xcvr gets. 10-160m, gen coverage, build in speaker, am, ssb, cw, rtty.
Original manual, mike. $410 shipped . Tnx for reading Ed KC4FD