Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 16th 05, 08:56 AM
raymond miller

Default Question Regarding Re-building The Ni-Cad Battery Packs For The R.S. HTX-202 & HTX-204

Hello,
N2NJK Ray Miller here (Williamsville, New York - next to Buffalo). I know
through the release, lifetime and their final exodus that these were quite
controversial radios with some hams. Best way of putting it is you either
loved them or didn't want to be anywhere near them. I have two of each and
found them to be a reasonably priced "workhorse" especially for me being
disabled and subsequently, on a bit of a tight budget.

I do seem to ramble on G!

At any rate, does any other person out here know if any of the cordless
telephone batteries R.S. has generally on hand would give me the correct
voltage and amperage? If so, which ones? OF COURSE, Keeping in mind like the
rest of the guys on a HT that the longest life between chages.

Sincerely & '73s

Raymond A. Miller
N2NJK