RadioBanter

-   -   Ebay Jerks Go Away (https://www.radiobanter.com/swap/72078-ebay-jerks-go-away.html)

dontspam June 1st 05 01:23 PM

Ebay Jerks Go Away

Not any More June 2nd 05 03:22 AM

No ! ! !

Ed June 2nd 05 05:43 AM

Yeah, lets get rid of that EBay trash., Wouldn't want any more people
trying to sell stuff here on the rec. radio. swap group....

Ed

Woody June 2nd 05 07:41 AM

I have nothing against ebay, and I sell there often....

BUT,

What's the point? We know ebay is there and how to search it. You auctions
run 10 days, and jam up the archives for years.
You post "5 hours left!!!" and I don't see it until 14 hours after it
closes. I would've paid twice that too. Had you emailed me directly, I would
have known.
But wait, I've already got that too...
Here's a question... why is there no newsgroup for ebay posting postings?
The infinite chasm of pathetic redundancy, maybe?

OH....MY....GOD.... I just thought 'That puts a limit on stupidity; check it
before posting it' and behold.... alt.marketplace.online.ebay
a newsgroup that is nothing but links to ebay auctions!

Well, I stand dumbfounded and corrected.
So I'll rephrase.... if there is either need or purpose, why doesn't ebay
have another site for posting ebay links?

Now the big question is, who wants to start rec.radio.swap.ads ?
It would be for posting links to rec.radio.swap that link to
alt.marketplace.online.ebay that links to ebay auctions.
Oh, and it should be moderated....by some government agency employee.

So, I guess I'm gonna go post some links to rec.radio.swap in the ebay group
and see if I get banned.
rb

. 93.175...

dontspam June 2nd 05 01:27 PM

Woody, I couldn't of said it better myself. A lot of these guys are
dealers like Cooltube who lists thousands of items here a year.
These guys dont care what they are doing to the newsgroups. Its all
about money.

On Thu, 02 Jun 2005 06:41:02 GMT, "Woody"
wrote:

[...]

.93.175...

dxAce June 2nd 05 02:44 PM

dontspam wrote:

Woody, I couldn't of said it better myself. A lot of these guys are
dealers like Cooltube who lists thousands of items here a year.
These guys dont care what they are doing to the newsgroups. Its all
about money.

If it isn't about 'money' for you then please donate all your gear to me.

Otherwise feel free to stuff a sock in it.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

dxAce June 2nd 05 05:43 PM

dontspam wrote:

Dxace, if I wanted any lip off you I would scrape it off my zipper.

Oh come on... your zipper is probably corroded shut by virtue of the fact that
you've been wearing the same pair of jeans for 3 months and ****ing in your
pants numerous times a day.

Take your meds 'tard, and seek some help.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Woody June 2nd 05 10:41 PM

Yo anon, the point just went over your head at mach 2.8....
It's about money *grubbing* for people who mindlessly pile up links to ads
already
advertised on the largest flipping auction site in history, known even in
the far reaches of the Arctic Circle.

And once again, I have nothing against ebay or people trying to make money.
It's all about money, but
money shouldn't override common courtesy or common sense.
[Translation: it's a personality thing and it will never stop, so it's a
moot point, not worth debating. Sometimes people have complaints, learn to
live with that.]

On the donation thing... your thought process shifts into random mode quick,
eh? Give logic a try, it works.
rb