RadioBanter

-   -   test 2 - help requested (https://www.radiobanter.com/swap/82748-test-2-help-requested.html)

L. November 25th 05 01:42 AM

test 2 - help requested

Sorry for this crap. I'm having a problem reading the news groups. For a
while, I was unable to get them at all. Now, I can get the lists and if I
subscribe, get the initial posts it downloads. I can even see the test
messages I sent already. BUT - no "new" messages are downloaded. For
example, to read "this" post, I"ll have to unsubscribe from the list - then
resubscribe - to read this post. I'm running XP - any ideas on how to
correct? No use calling the ISP as they say they don't support the "news
groups".

Please post the ideas in here, I'll read them - as I can get them. I dare
not leave my e-mail addy, as the last time - I got bombarded with spam.

Thanks!

Al Arduengo November 26th 05 04:33 AM

test 2 - help requested

Evan Platt wrote:

On Thu, 24 Nov 2005 20:42:52 -0500, "L." wrote:

Sorry for this crap. I'm having a problem reading the news groups. For a
while, I was unable to get them at all. Now, I can get the lists and if I
subscribe, get the initial posts it downloads. I can even see the test
messages I sent already. BUT - no "new" messages are downloaded. For
example, to read "this" post, I"ll have to unsubscribe from the list -
then resubscribe - to read this post. I'm running XP - any ideas on how to
correct?

Your news server might require authorization to be forced for each query.

But I suggest you get an actual news reader like Gravity, Pan or the like.

-Al

73 de KE5GCD