RadioBanter

-   -   Sony ICF-7600D/Sony ICF-2002 question (https://www.radiobanter.com/swap/83040-sony-icf-7600d-sony-icf-2002-question.html)

Rog November 28th 05 10:08 PM

Sony ICF-7600D/Sony ICF-2002 question

Hi I am thinking of getting one of these of a friend at a good price ($40)
but never mind the price, has anybody had any experience with this radio,
can you tell me if they are OK please
cheers
Roger

sweston November 29th 05 12:18 AM

Sony ICF-7600D/Sony ICF-2002 question

That's a very good price for a 2002. Not one of Sony's absolute best SW
radios, but if you can get a nice one for under $75 or so they make fine
occasional listening SW radios.

These were some of Sony's first synthesized portable radios and they tend to
suffer CPU corruption over time like most early synthesized stuff. Make sure
all computerized functions work as they should. The CPU is impossible to fix
once it starts going bad and they usually go downhill fast.