Old March 22nd 06, 07:02 PM posted to rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Bill Turner

Default WANTED: Museum seeks B-17G Flying Fortress radio/radar equipment

Old March 22nd 06, 09:14 PM posted to rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Woody

Heh, I'm as real as it gets, brother.
So you do collect boatanchors? Do you also have an attic full of empty radio
boxes? I'm betting you do.
But that's your choice, now isn't it? And nothing wrong with it.

On the power-up thing,
I disagree, citing that it depends on how much power is applied to it.....
:-)
Or it could catch fire and burn to the desk... or the ground... or if it
were donated to a B-17 restoration, it could very
well end up splattered all over a hillside somewhere... LOL.

And yes, *I* get it.... enjoy what you have or what's the sense in having
it??
Moth-ball a vintage plane in Tucson, AZ or some museum, and I'll NEVER get
to see it. Fly it to my local fly-in and I do...
[said while gazing up at the photo of my daughter sitting left-seat in the
Texas Raiders 17g when it was HERE at a fly-in.]

Everything is disposable and it certainly doesn't transgress to the 'other
side'.

Use it or lose it; 'cuz cars are for driving, radios are for driveling into,
and an aircraft is for flying.

There's a fine line between being a
keep-the-box-because-it-matters-to-other-boxkeepers packrat, and preserving
history.

Do *you* get it??
rb

Old March 23rd 06, 01:37 AM posted to rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Bill Turner

Old March 23rd 06, 01:52 AM posted to rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.equipment
**THE-RFI-EMI-GUY**

Bill is 100% correct. He should negotiate and buy the plane from the
restorers for its priceless value, say $50-100 million, he can then
store it and show it to whomever he pleases! That is the American way!

--
Joe Leikhim K4SAT
"The RFI-EMI-GUY"©

"Follow The Money" ;-P

Old March 23rd 06, 02:23 AM posted to rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Spokesman

"**THE-RFI-EMI-GUY**" wrote in message ...
Bill is 100% correct. He should negotiate and buy the plane from the restorers for its priceless value, say $50-100 million, he can then store it and show it to whomever he pleases! That is the American way!

He won't buy it. All the weenies that complain about somebody else spending
their own money to restore and use something will do nothing except huff and
puff like the litlle piggies.

I plug in my boat anchors. I heat my shop with an FRR 59 . I would never think
of just leaving it sitting there collecting dust and rusting away.

Old March 23rd 06, 03:18 AM posted to rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Bill Turner

Old March 26th 06, 07:47 AM posted to rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Woody

Airplanes crash, especially ones flown and maintained by well-meaning
but inexperienced pilots and mechanics who are usually short of cash,
spare parts and time, and who, sooner or later, will feel the pressure
to fly it when they really shouldn't in order to keep an airshow
schedule.

Park it.

Bill, have you considered a career in politics?

Exactly where would you suggest we park general aviation?
rb

Old March 23rd 06, 03:06 AM posted to rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Bill Turner

Old March 24th 06, 10:09 PM posted to rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Bill Turner

HAM EQUIPMENT WANTED N2ION Boatanchors 1 December 20th 03 09:45 PM
AMATEUR RADIO EQUIPMENT WANTED N2ION Boatanchors 0 December 11th 03 09:50 PM
AMATEUR RADIO EQUIPMENT WANTED N2ION Antenna 2 December 6th 03 08:07 AM
AMATEUR RADIO EQUIPMENT WANTED N2ION Boatanchors 0 December 5th 03 06:39 PM
RADIO EQUIPMENT WANTED N2ION Boatanchors 0 December 1st 03 06:22 PM