RadioBanter

-   -   eHam.net (https://www.radiobanter.com/swap/95147-eham-net.html)

Father Michael May 24th 06 06:59 PM

eHam.net

am i the only one having trouble connecting
to eHam? be trying all day. what's up?

Father Mike...

Ed May 24th 06 07:17 PM

eHam.net

am i the only one having trouble connecting
to eHam? be trying all day. what's up?

Father Mike...

No, you're not the only one. It has been unavailable since yesterday (
Tuesday, May 23 ). I don't know why. I can ping the server IP, so
guess something screwed up on their server software..... Hope it gets
fixed soon.

Ed K7AAT

[email protected] May 24th 06 11:31 PM

eHam.net

I'm no pro, but pinging just means that the telecomm end is up. Unless
you can telnet into the box and establish a session, you're not
actually in there....

Father Michael May 25th 06 12:48 AM

eHam.net

just got an email from someone at eham. they are having
DNS trouble. and working on it. should be up tonight
or early tomorrow...
thanks for the reply's.

Father Mike...

Ed May 25th 06 03:15 PM

eHam.net

"R.F. Burns" wrote in
:

I use www.hamwave.com anyway. You don't have to pay to be a member
there!

I just checked that site out. It has pitifully little to offer
compared to EHam.net.

Ed

w2aew May 26th 06 05:11 AM

eHam.net

Evan Platt wrote:
On 24 May 2006 15:31:32 -0700, wrote:

I'm no pro, but pinging just means that the telecomm end is up. Unless
you can telnet into the box and establish a session, you're not
actually in there....

It all depends on the setup. You are likely pinging either a router,
or the actual computer.

There's now a brief message on the site that states that they're having
technical difficulties.