Old March 9th 04, 03:18 AM
Mark Atanovich

Default FM antenna recommendation

Greetings,
I live in Phoenix, AZ greater metro area and am looking for a directional
antenna to pick up FM stations only 20 or so miles away but obstructed by
the local terrain (Camelback & Mummy Mts. if you're familiar with the area).
I currently have a Channel Master 4248 on a 20 ft mast for HDTV and it
actually does a fairly good job of picking up the local radio stations
except for the PBS affililate. I'm looking for a low cost ($25) directional
antenna that I could simply mast mount along the the CM.

On a related note, if I were to stack dissimilar antennas, what's the best
way phase align them? I'm assuming I would line up the driven elements.

Thx.

Old March 9th 04, 02:00 PM
John Smith

Radio Shack used to have some cheap directional antennas that would pick up
FM band.
In Phoenix, the transmitter site on the south side on the hill is full of
IM, a dirty site, so you may have some selectivity problems if you have to
shoot across or near it.

Old March 9th 04, 05:34 PM
Steve Nosko

"Mark Atanovich" wrote in message
Greetings,

On a related note, if I were to stack dissimilar antennas, what's the best
way phase align them? I'm assuming I would line up the driven elements.

Thx.

I think this is not certain. The phase of the signal on the feed line can
also be affected by the other elements and tuning.
--
Steve N, K,9;d, c. i My email has no u's.