Old September 19th 03, 10:22 PM
Warpcore

Default HAARP

I think I asked this before in a thread, but can't find it now: what does a
HAARP signal sound like ? Is there a HF frequency they are using on which a
person might hear such a signal - can the dx 394 hear it ?

THANKS

I got cute teeth & claws meow

Old September 19th 03, 11:00 PM
Rein Wiehler

Warpcore wrote:
I think I asked this before in a thread, but can't find it now: what does a
HAARP signal sound like ? Is there a HF frequency they are using on which a
person might hear such a signal - can the dx 394 hear it ?

THANKS

I got cute teeth & claws meow

it's off again
sounded like RTTY and code
3.390Mhz
rw

Old September 19th 03, 11:17 PM
Warpcore

Well, then I heard it on the fqy you gave - thanks for the info.

What I read someplace was that one purpose of HAARP is to jam incoming
missiles so as to defeat their intent by inducing the equivalent effect of
EMP into the missile's electronics.

With the current political state of affairs and the current dodgey
propogation, maybe they are trying to see if they can crete conditions where
signals can be reflected. That would be a bonus for us against any
adversary. I do not subscribe to some other ideas behind HAARP.

When I say "current political state of affairs" I am refering to a report
broadcast on local tv at noon here that chinese troops were massing on the
north korean border. Considering that we have deployed troops to the extent
that we are understaffed, and that we have some hig value assets already
about to dock here, it would seem that someone in Washington may have their
whatnot caught in their zipper. If Red China is backing North Korea before a
test of a nuclear armed missile aimed at the US West coast, we could be in
some really deep "jedi poodoo". it is curious that I can't find the report
on CNN or the tv station's website.

Old September 19th 03, 11:33 PM
N8KDV

Rein Wiehler wrote:

Warpcore wrote:
I think I asked this before in a thread, but can't find it now: what does a
HAARP signal sound like ? Is there a HF frequency they are using on which a
person might hear such a signal - can the dx 394 hear it ?

THANKS

I got cute teeth & claws meow

it's off again
sounded like RTTY and code
3.390Mhz

There are various RTTY and CW stations that operate on or about 3390. Hearing
RTTY and CW does not necessarily denote the operation of HAARP.

Steve
Holland, MI

Drake R7, R8, R8B and Yaesu FRG-7700

Old September 19th 03, 11:43 PM
Warpcore

I figgered dat s. I do note that the transmissions I was hearing are
silent as of my last audit, so who knows.

GWEN was really spooky-sounding: remember them g ?

Old September 20th 03, 04:35 PM
RedOctober90

"Warpcore" wrote in message hlink.net...
I think I asked this before in a thread, but can't find it now: what does a
HAARP signal sound like ? Is there a HF frequency they are using on which a
person might hear such a signal - can the dx 394 hear it ?

THANKS

I got cute teeth & claws meow

The last time I saw them logged was on this newsgroup.. I had it
confirmed with HAARP themselves via e-mail. It was the 13th of April
2003 on 5800 broadcasting tones. A guy posted this logging and
wondered what it was.. so I told him it was HAARP. I wonder if he ever
went out and got a QSL card.
Old September 20th 03, 06:31 PM
Steven Fritts

YES! I remember the GWEN here on I think 172 KHZ...male voice giving
time every ten seconds as I recall...

Old September 25th 03, 04:03 PM
Tom Sevart

"RedOctober90" wrote in message
om...

The last time I saw them logged was on this newsgroup.. I had it
confirmed with HAARP themselves via e-mail. It was the 13th of April
2003 on 5800 broadcasting tones. A guy posted this logging and
wondered what it was.. so I told him it was HAARP. I wonder if he ever
went out and got a QSL card.

I logged HAARP on 3200 & 5800 back in March of 2002. It was an AM carrier
with odd tones, as someone mentioned previously, sounding like a funky car
alarm. I sent a recording to the HAARP facility and received a QSL for it.

Don't know if I'm the guy you told or not, but HAARP was operating on 5800.

--
Tom Sevart N2UHC
Frontenac, KS

http://www.geocities.com/n2uhc

Old October 1st 03, 06:09 AM
dxlover

- can the dx 394 hear it ?

Yes indeed, your 394 can hear HAARP. More importantly, what type of
antenna are you using with the 394??

**one more question: What type of speaker system are you runnig with the
394? A couple weeks ago I added one bad a** set of Radio Shack (model
#40-1361) amplified speakers I got a yard sale for I think, $8.00.

The size and thickness of the wire that connects these two speakers are
'extremely' thick, they say they are 'surround sound'.......and the sound
that comes from that DX394 in now just about unbelievable.

Does anyone have any info on this pair of speakers and the year they were
made and the original cost, it's be appreciated.

But absolutely. You CAN hear HAARP on your DX394, I qsled them on mine a
while back. :-)

--
~*~*~Monitoring the Spectrum~*~*~
***GO BEARCATS***