Old March 27th 04, 04:13 AM
Melvin Creep

Default CELEBRITIES SUPPORTING ANIMAL RIGHTS

Linda Gentille (The Piano Princess) has inspired many online animal
rights advocates. Daily activity of activists and friends of Ms.
Gentille are here.

Liona Boyd -- vegan and classical guitarist

Movies/TV/Music/Radio

http://www.satorisoundcoffeehouse.co...res_000012.asp There
is a band called Midtown who are avid animal rights supporters. I
interviewed one of them recently, and they deserve kudos for coming
out as hard as they do against any celebrity who condones animal
cruelty, a la T** N*****. Their website is www.midtownrocks.com . None
of the band members wear leather and one is totally vegan. You really
should give them a look- they toured on the Warped tour and passed out
literature from PETA to hordes of nu-metalheads.
Kitty Dagnall
Satori
Rudi Protrudi, lead singer of the Fuzztones, a rock band located in
the LA, CA area is a strong animal
rights supporter. His website "For the Animals" is:
http://www.cultoffuzz.com/rudi/4animals.html

Earth Crisis has had 7 albums, and almost all their songs deal with
human rights, environmental problems, or animal liberation.
http://www.punkmusic.com/earthcrisis

Bea Arthur; actress, Golden Girls
Brigitte Bardot is an active animal rights supporter (on TV, September
28, 1994)
Bob Barker Harvard Gazette- HLS establishes Bob Barker endowment
Clive Barker; Hellraiser movies -- asked newspapers to put hunting and
fishing columns on the obituary pages.
Kim Basinger and Alec Baldwin: On "Hard Copy" September 22, 1994
against cruelty to farm animals.
Sheryl Lee--Many ad campaigns for PETA including "I'd rather be dead
than wear fur"
Candice Bergen: "I only wear furs in films if I am playing a role and
I want to give the impression of someone who is immensely narcissistic
and self-involved and shallow."
Elizabeth Berkley, film star, posed wearing nothing but but collard
greens for PETA's "Lettuce be Lean" campaign.
Mickey Rooney--lends support against "crush" videos.
Julie BrownJulie Brown; MTV --
The late Diana, Princess of Wales, and Fergie, Dutchess of York --
spoke out in favor of a European ban on animal tests for cosmetics.
Mike Farrell, actor
Jennie Garth; Beverly Hills 90210--appeared in a PETA ad urging people
to forgo animal flesh.
Sara Gilbert; actress on Roseanne
Dick Gregory; comedian -- "Don't support the enslavement of any living
being -- boycott circuses that hold elephants captive."
Rich Hall; comedian
Leeza Gibbons-reports on animal abusers
Mark McGwire--donates time and money
Mary Tyler Moore, Bernadette Peters
Grace Slick--donates money from "White Rabbit" to help rabbits.
Hulk Hogan and his wife, Linda, fight against animal testing
Earl Holliman;
David Horowitz, TV
Casey Kasem; America's Top Forty
Bernie Kopell; actor, Love Boat
Cloris Leachman; actress
Sabrina LeBeauf; Cosby Show
Pamela Lee, Baywatch -- billboard in NY: Give Fur the Cold Shoulder.
Ali MacGraw; actress
Rue McClanahan; The Golden Girls
Steve Martin
Liza Minnelli; actress
Mary Tyler Moore speaks out in video showing the abuse of marines to
produce the drug Premarin.
Kevin Nealon; Saturday Night Live
Casandra Peterson, Beverly Hills, aka: Elvira. Supports Animal rights,
has perfume called Evil and proceeds go to PETA.
Richard Pryor; comedian -- On the UniverSoul circus:: "The eyes of
these dispirited animals say best what is difficult to convey in
words."
George Putnam
Katey Sagal; Married...with Children
Jerry Seinfeld, comedian, an outspoken vegetarian who won't let people
eat meat in front of him.
Alicia Silverstone, actress, in anti-dissection public service
announcements for PETA, says, "Science class doesn't have to be a
funeral."
Directors Oliver Stone, Rob Reiner, Richard Donner, Norman Lear,
Wolfgang Peterson, and Joel Schumacher have pledged not to use real
fur in any of their movies.
TV Producers of "Baywatch", "Rescue 911" and "Dr. Quinn: Medicine
Woman".
Dee Wallace Stone
Loretta Swit, actress
Kathleen Turner; actress, At PETA's 1993 Animals Ball
Lindsay Wagner; actress, At PETA's 1993 Animals Ball

Vegetarians and vegans

Daniel Johns (Australian rockband Silverchair)
Rosanna Arquette
Lisa Bonet (The Cosby Show)
Christie Brinkley (model)
Peter Cushing
Ted Danson (Sam in Cheers)
David Duchovny (The X-Files)
Michael J. Fox (Movie & T.V. Star)
Richard Gere (Movie star)
Larry Hagman (Dallas)
Daryl Hannah (movie star, "Splash")
Woody Harrelson (Movie & T.V. Star) (Vegan)
Dustin Hoffman (mega-star, movies)
Ricki Lake (TV talk show)
Leonard Nimoy (plays Spock on Star Trek)
Anthony Perkins (Movie star)
Brad Pitt (Movie star)
Brooke Shields (Movie & T.V. Star)
Jonathan Taylor Thomas (Movie & T.V. Star (Home Improvement))
Vanessa Warwick (MTV VJ)
Supermodels who refuse to wear fur: Christy Turlington, Linda
Evangelista, Kate Moss, Elle MacPherson, Cindy Crawford, and Tyra
Banks.

Musicians

Aleka'a Attic (with River Phoenix, who died in 1993); PETA's second
animal rights album
The B-52s; PETA's second animal rights album
Richard Butler; Psychedelic Furs, Britain
Belinda Carlisle; PETA's second animal rights album
Exene Cervenka; PETA's second animal rights album
Erasure; PETA's second animal rights album
Fetchin Bones; PETA's second animal rights album
Michael Franks, singer
Karen Goldberg
The Goosebumps; PETA's second animal rights album
Guadalcanal
Sara Hickman; Texas
Chrissie Hynde, singer, The Pretenders; PETA's second animal rights
album. "Lips that have touched a corpse won't touch mine."
Indigo girls with Michael Stipe; PETA's second animal rights album
Howard Jones; PETA's second animal rights album
k.d. lang; singer, PETA's second animal rights album. "I grew up in
cattle country--that's why I became a vegetarian. Meat stinks, for the
animals, the environment, and your health."
Libra Max
Paul, the late Linda, Stella McCartney; Wings; Stella, clothes
designer, "I continue to be shocked by the methods used to obtain real
fur."
Natalie Merchant; 10,000 Maniacs -- cried when her date ordered lamb.
"I just couldn't believe I was involved with someone who could eat
lamb."
Nina Hagen & Lene Lovich video; "Don't Kill The Animals" PETA's second
animal rights album
Ric Ocasek; The Cars
Phranc L.A.
Prince; "We need an Animal Rights Day when all slaughterhouses shut
down. Compassion is an action word with no boundaries." The Artist,
c/o Paisley Park Ent., 7801 Audubon Rd., Chanhassen, MN 55317.
Raw Youth; PETA's second animal rights album
Diana Ross; singer
The Smiths; rock group
The Sugarcubes; Iceland band
El Vez; The Mexican Elvis
Jane Wiedlin; PETA's second animal rights album

Vegetarians and Vegans

Damon Albarn (lead singer of Blur)
Bryan Adams
Rick Allen (Def Leppard)
Jon Anderson (singer with Yes)
Joan Baez (folk singer)
Jeff Beck
The Beloved
Michael Bolton
Peter Buck (REM guitarist)
Blur
Vivian Campbell (Def Leppard)
Carcass
Dave Davies (Kinks)
Michael Diamond (Beastie Boys drummer/singer)
Bob Dylan
Peter Gabriel
Dave Goodman (original producer of Sex Pistols) (vegan)
Eddie Grant
Kirk Hammett (guitarist with metallica)
George Harrison (musician, Beatles/solo)
Polly Jean Harvey
Susannah Hoffs (ex Bangles)
Billy Idol
James (the band, all vegan apparently)
Janet Jackson
LaToya Jackson
Wendy James (Transvision Vamp)
Jim Kerr (Singer, Simple Minds)
Martin & Gary Kemp (Spandau Ballet)
Nik Kershaw
Kraftwerk
Lenny Kravitz
Annie Lennox
Living Colour
Johnny Marr
Don McLean (singer, songwriter)
Meatloaf
Moby (vegan)
Morrissey (singer, also The Smiths)
Larry Mullen Junior (drummer and founder of 'U2' band)
Olivia Newton John
Chris Novoselic (Nirvana)
Jason Orange, Mark Owen, Gary Barlow (Take That)
Sinead O'Connor (vegan)
Ozzy Osborne
Rage against the machine (3 of 4 members)
Rebel MC
Tom Scholz (Mastermind behind the rock-n-roll band Boston) (vegan)
Shelter
Seal
Captain Sensible
The Shamen
Sinitta
Siouxsie Sioux
Robert Smith (The Cure)
Jimmy Somerville
Ringo Starr (and his wife, Barbara Bach)
Geoff Tate (Vocalist for Queensryche) (vegan)
Tanita Tikaram
Farin Urlaub (singer of the German band "Die Ärzte")
Steve Vai
Eddie Vedder (lead vocalist with Pearl Jam)
"Weird" Al Yankovic (vegan)
Yazz (vegan)
Dweezel Zappa

Authors

Cleveland Amory/Kim Sturla, The Fund for Animals
Pete Singer director of Centre of Human Bioethics, Australia; Author;
Animal Liberation
Alice Walker; author of The Color Purple -- "The animals of the world
exist for their own reasons. They were not made for humans any more
than black people were made for whites or women for men."

Vegetarians and vegans

Scott Adams (writer/artist of comic strip "Dilbert")
Berke Breathed (US Cartoonist -- writes and draws Bloom County and
Outland comic strips)
Franz Kafka (Writer)
Alan Moore (Comics writer, Watchmen, V For Vendetta, Marvelman, etc.)
Milton
Plato
George Bernard Shaw (writer)
Percy Shelley (poet)
Socrates
Tolstoy
Mark Twain
Voltaire
H.G. Wells

Sports

Tony La Russa; Manager of St. Louis Cardinals
James Donaldson; Dallas Mavericks
Larry Bird; Coach Indiana Pacers -- told Esquire magazine he stopped
hunting because "I just don't want to kill anything anymore." c/o
Indaina Pacers, 300 Market St. Indianapolis, IN 46204.
Mo Vaughn; Boston Red Sox -- "I don't believe in hunting. Give the
animals a gun, and then maybe I'd hunt." c/o Anaheim Angels, Anaheim,
CA.

Vegetarians and Vegans

Carl Lewis (sprinter) Vegan only when training.
Edwin Moses
Martina Navratilova

Science

Carl Jung, famous psychologist, left the study of medicine because he
found vivisection "barbarous, horrible, and most of all superfluous."
Christian Barnard, "I had bought two male chimps from a primate colony
in Holland. They lived next to each other in separate cages for
several months before I used one as a [heart] donor. When we put him
to sleep in his cage in preparation for the operation, he chattered
and cried incessantly. We attached no significance to this, but it
must have made a great impression on his companion, for when we
removed the body to the operating room, the other chimp wept bitterly
and was inconsolable for days. The incident made a deep impression on
me. I vowed never again to experiment with such sensitive creatures."
Dr. Werner Hartinger, Chief Surgeon, West Germany, 1988. "Vivisection
is barbaric, useless, and a hindrance to scientific progress."
Dr. Vernon Coleman, Fellow of the Royal Society of Medicine, UK.
"...many vivisectors still claim that what they do helps save human
lives. They are Iying. The truth is that animal experiments kill
people, and animal researchers are responsible for the deaths of
thousands of men, women and children every year."
Jane Goodall, Primatologist
Frank Cullen, New England Anti Vivisection Society
Tom Regan, Professor of Philosophy, North Carolina State University
Shirley McGreal, International Primate Protection League
Jean Goldenberg/Bob and Loretta Hirsch, Washington Humane Society
Patrice Green/Ann Smart, R.N.s, National Association of Nurses Against
Vivisection

Vegetarians and Vegans

Leonardo Da Vinci
Thomas Edison
Albert Einstein (certainly supported, but practiced?)
Sir Isaac Newton
Pythagorus
Nikola Tesla

Politicians and Businessmen

Chelsea Clinton
Henry Ford
Mahatma Gandhi
Steven Jobs (founded Apple computer company)
Martin Luther

* Paavo Nurmi
* Carter USM
* Eric Stolz
* Kate Bush
* John Peel
* Martin Gore
* Emanuel Swedenborg
* Schopenhauer
Old March 27th 04, 05:08 AM
Brian Hill

MCTD

Old March 27th 04, 05:25 AM
JJ

Melvin Creep wrote:

Linda Gentille (The Piano Princess) has inspired many online animal
rights advocates. Daily activity of activists and friends of Ms.
Gentille are here.

rest of non-revelent stuff deleted

So who cares one whit what the phoney tinsel town crowd think or do?

Old March 27th 04, 05:30 AM
Brian Hill

"Dan" wrote in message news:me- Is this supposed to be
impressive or something? So a couple of hundred
"celebrities" are hypocrites (vegetarians). That leaves what - 10s of
thousands that aren't. Big deal.

BTW, this is not radio related. Why do you keep posting this drivel?

Dan

Hes just plain stupid Dan. I doubt he owns a radio.

Old March 27th 04, 05:38 AM
Dan

In article ,
"Brian Hill" wrote:

MCTD

Melvin Creep The Dumbass?

Dan
Old March 29th 04, 09:20 PM
MnMikew

"JJ" wrote in message
Melvin Creep wrote:

MCTDF

Hey Twist!!!! AKC KennelMaster CB 45 September 3rd 04 02:45 AM
Announcement To The Group I Am Not George CB 52 March 2nd 04 08:09 PM