Old April 18th 04, 09:15 PM
N8KDV

Default Little Red Book

I'm wondering how many of you out there still have your copy of
'Quotations From Chairman Mao Tse Tung' that was sent out by Radio
Peking years ago?

Steve
Holland, MI
Drake R7, R8 and R8B

http://www.iserv.net/~n8kdv/dxpage.htm

Old April 18th 04, 09:41 PM
Diverd4777

I'm wondering how many of you out there still have your copy of
'Quotations From Chairman Mao Tse Tung' that was sent out by Radio
Peking years ago?

Steve
Holland, MI
Drake R7, R8 and R8B

http://www.iserv.net/~n8kdv/dxpage.htm

- None of my Chinese Freinds, By God;
- Most of them lost family when he took over;
-While in College, I ran into some kids who were treated
" Very poorly " by his kind;
Got no use for Chairman Mao;
he was one of the worst Butchers mankind has ever known...

Dan ( Listening to BBC 12.095 )
Old April 19th 04, 12:55 AM
Brian Denley

N8KDV wrote:
I'm wondering how many of you out there still have your copy of
'Quotations From Chairman Mao Tse Tung' that was sent out by Radio
Peking years ago?

Steve
Holland, MI
Drake R7, R8 and R8B

http://www.iserv.net/~n8kdv/dxpage.htm

Steve:
Nah - as soon as I got my security clearance, I decided that it might not be
a good idea to keep that around! That was back in the early seventies.

--
Brian Denley

Old April 19th 04, 12:59 AM
N8KDV

Brian Denley wrote:

N8KDV wrote:
I'm wondering how many of you out there still have your copy of
'Quotations From Chairman Mao Tse Tung' that was sent out by Radio
Peking years ago?

Steve
Holland, MI
Drake R7, R8 and R8B

http://www.iserv.net/~n8kdv/dxpage.htm

Steve:
Nah - as soon as I got my security clearance, I decided that it might not be
a good idea to keep that around! That was back in the early seventies.

Never hampered mine, but then they did mention that they knew I got mail from
those pesky commies and that I was a SWL.

Old April 19th 04, 02:25 AM
Brian Denley

N8KDV wrote:

Never hampered mine, but then they did mention that they knew I got
mail from those pesky commies and that I was a SWL.

--

Steve:
Yeah I did get grilled about it as well. There was no doubt that they knew
who got what mail back then.

--
Brian Denley

Old April 19th 04, 02:51 AM
Llgpt

Subject: Little Red Book
From: N8KDV
Date: 4/18/2004 3:15 PM Central Daylight Time
I'm wondering how many of you out there still have your copy of
'Quotations From Chairman Mao Tse Tung' that was sent out by Radio
Peking years ago?

Steve
Holland, MI
Drake R7, R8 and R8B

http://www.iserv.net/~n8kdv/dxpage.htm

I can go one better than that, back in 1957-58 my father was stationed at
Torrejon A.F.B. in Madrid, Spain. I was a swl and had a Hammarlund AACS
receiver. I had sent a report to Radio Moscow and received a large envelope in
the mail..........actually, the base security had the envelope and had my dad
up in front of the base commander. Dad was the ncoic of the AACS (Airways and
Air Communications Service) and was a teletype and crypto tech. Well, they
wanted to know why his son was in contact with the Russians???

LOL!!!!!!! I got my ass chewed and so did dad. We laughed about years later. I
still have the shiny cover book with lots of propaganda and a buck rogers
looking rocket on the cover. All about the Soviet Unions prowess in technology,
etc.

Different times...........

Les Locklear
On The Gulf of Mexico
Ten Tec RX-350D
Various antennas
Monitoring since ' 57

Old April 19th 04, 07:02 AM
N8KDV

m II wrote:

Llgpt wrote:

Nah, Ashcroft and his band of wacko's would probably send you to Guantanamo to
await trial!

What does this word 'trial' mean? I thought it was taken out of the
Americanized version of English.

You thought wrong! Yet again!

Are you and Bryant related in some fashion?

Old April 19th 04, 08:02 AM
starman

Dan wrote:

Wow, great story! I imagine the reaction would be pretty much the
same today if you wrote to Iran or North Korea!

It's almost impossible to get a letter into North Korea from the US. You
have to know someone that can do an end run around the postal hierarchy.

Old April 19th 04, 08:06 AM
N8KDV

starman wrote:

Dan wrote:

Wow, great story! I imagine the reaction would be pretty much the
same today if you wrote to Iran or North Korea!

It's almost impossible to get a letter into North Korea from the US. You
have to know someone that can do an end run around the postal hierarchy.

The route I've found that worked was to send the report to CRI in Beijing
and have them forward the letter to Pyongyang...

Got a QSL back in a few weeks.