Old April 19th 04, 01:59 PM
Lawrence H. Bulk

Hi,

Still have mine - showed it to an acquaintance just this past Saturday
and have it in front of me right now. Did you know that we could have
requested a leather-bound copy and we would have gotten it for free? I
wonder if it was red leather? My copy (red plastic cover) is the
"Second Edition 1967" with a forward dated December 16, 1966 written
by Mao's good buddy Lin Piao. We all know what Mao did to his good
buddy just a few years later.

I was still in college when I had my "visit" from the FBI.

I had thought of naming my cat Meow tse Tung, but then changed my
mind.

Don't you miss the good old days when all you had to do to hear the
communist countries was to tune almost anywhere on the dial and hear
about the "US imperialists and their lackeys and running dogs?"

Now it seems all we get is the "Hallelujah" boys ("Hallelujah, send me
money!").

We have IF "filters," "filter" cigarettes, and spam "filters." No one
was able to invent a "communist filter." Has anyone invented a
"religious(?) broadcaster filter?"

Lawrence

N8KDV wrote in message ...
I'm wondering how many of you out there still have your copy of
'Quotations From Chairman Mao Tse Tung' that was sent out by Radio
Peking years ago?

Steve
Holland, MI
Drake R7, R8 and R8B

http://www.iserv.net/~n8kdv/dxpage.htm

Old April 19th 04, 04:33 PM
Frank Dresser

"Lawrence H. Bulk" wrote in message
om...

[snip]

Don't you miss the good old days when all you had to do to hear the
communist countries was to tune almost anywhere on the dial and hear
about the "US imperialists and their lackeys and running dogs?"

Now it seems all we get is the "Hallelujah" boys ("Hallelujah, send me
money!").

We have IF "filters," "filter" cigarettes, and spam "filters." No one
was able to invent a "communist filter." Has anyone invented a
"religious(?) broadcaster filter?"

Lawrence

The communists were evangelists with a different theology.

Frank Dresser

Old April 19th 04, 05:24 PM
Frank White

In article ,
says...

I'm wondering how many of you out there still have your copy of
'Quotations From Chairman Mao Tse Tung' that was sent out by Radio
Peking years ago?

Steve
Holland, MI
Drake R7, R8 and R8B

http://www.iserv.net/~n8kdv/dxpage.htm

I have Marx's "The Communist Manifesto" and "Das Kapital"; does
that count?

How's your credibility, btw?

FW

Old April 19th 04, 07:35 PM
N8KDV

Frank White wrote:

In article ,
says...

I'm wondering how many of you out there still have your copy of
'Quotations From Chairman Mao Tse Tung' that was sent out by Radio
Peking years ago?

Steve
Holland, MI
Drake R7, R8 and R8B

http://www.iserv.net/~n8kdv/dxpage.htm

I have Marx's "The Communist Manifesto" and "Das Kapital"; does
that count?

How's your credibility, btw?

No, those are not copies of Mao's book.

Old April 19th 04, 11:10 PM
Frank White

In article ,
says...

Frank White wrote:

In article ,

says...

I'm wondering how many of you out there still have your copy of
'Quotations From Chairman Mao Tse Tung' that was sent out by Radio
Peking years ago?

Steve
Holland, MI
Drake R7, R8 and R8B

http://www.iserv.net/~n8kdv/dxpage.htm

I have Marx's "The Communist Manifesto" and "Das Kapital"; does
that count?

No, those are not copies of Mao's book.

Ah. My bad.

How's your credibility, btw?

Still no response on that point, I see.

"Then my eyes were stabbed
by the flash of a neon light;
split the night.
And broke the sound... of silence."

FW

Old April 19th 04, 11:30 PM
N8KDV

Frank White wrote:

In article ,
says...

Frank White wrote:

In article ,

says...

I'm wondering how many of you out there still have your copy of
'Quotations From Chairman Mao Tse Tung' that was sent out by Radio
Peking years ago?

Steve
Holland, MI
Drake R7, R8 and R8B

http://www.iserv.net/~n8kdv/dxpage.htm

I have Marx's "The Communist Manifesto" and "Das Kapital"; does
that count?

No, those are not copies of Mao's book.

Ah. My bad.

How's your credibility, btw?

Pretty damn good as far as I know!

How's yours?

Old April 20th 04, 01:43 PM
Lawrence H. Bulk

"Frank Dresser" wrote in message ...
"Lawrence H. Bulk" wrote in message
om...

Don't you miss the good old days when all you had to do to hear the
communist countries was to tune almost anywhere on the dial and hear
about the "US imperialists and their lackeys and running dogs?"

Now it seems all we get is the "Hallelujah" boys ("Hallelujah, send me
money!").

Lawrence

The communists were evangelists with a different theology.

Frank Dresser

The communist countries were on the air with a political agenda which
could be argued (successfully, by our side, as it has turned out).
(Everyone on the air has some agenda; that's why they're on the air.)
(Even I have an agenda!) The communist broadcasters were nice to the
individual listeners, not only never asking for anything (except for
you to listen), but actually sending you gifts and information (some
of it interesting) about their countries.

The so-called "religious" broadcasters have, in my opinion, a very
evil agenda. They espouse a subject which cannot be argued (no one
ever "wins" a religious argument; look how many have been killed in
the attempt) and constantly ask overtly and covertly for MONEY (which
is used for more broadcasts to ask for more money, ad infinitum). Can
you imagine a "religious broadcaster" sending you anything without
asking for something in return? The amount you are asked to send is
always much more than the value of the trinket he sends you! (They are
masters in the art of making people feel guilty if they don't send
money!) Incidentally, if the broadcaster is successful in fooling
enough gullible people to send him their money, he can manage to live
rather a lavish lifestyle, according to his wishes, whether it be
Mercedes-Benzes, BMW's, or young women at his beck-and-call in his
"compound."

Anyone who thinks he or she can "buy" his/her way into "heaven" (or
that these so-called "holy men" will help them do so) is, in my
opinion, very foolish.

Their "shows" aren't even entertaining!

I don't wish to impugn any sincere religious person (I am one myself)
and there have been some decent religious broadcasters (HCJB for one);
I can only hope that the current crop of so-called "holy men" get off
the shortwaves and take to the internet where we in the hobby can
easily ignore them.

Of course, maybe I'm in the wrong profession. Maybe I should become a
"religious broadcaster." After all, my lifestyle won't be complete
until I have a Watkins-Johnson WJ-8711A and a tower antenna. A very
tall tower.

Hallelujah! Anybody want to send me money?

Lawrence
Old April 20th 04, 02:53 PM
Frank Dresser

"Lawrence H. Bulk" wrote in message
om...

The communist countries were on the air with a political agenda which
could be argued (successfully, by our side, as it has turned out).

Arguements didn't run down the communist countries, it was containment and
economics.

(Everyone on the air has some agenda; that's why they're on the air.)
(Even I have an agenda!) The communist broadcasters were nice to the
individual listeners, not only never asking for anything (except for
you to listen), but actually sending you gifts and information (some
of it interesting) about their countries.

Of course they were nice. They were nice to anyone they weren't pointing a
gun at, or under their jackboots.

The so-called "religious" broadcasters have, in my opinion, a very
evil agenda. They espouse a subject which cannot be argued (no one
ever "wins" a religious argument; look how many have been killed in
the attempt)

Look how many people have died argueing with the Communists and Nazis in the
previous century! Not just in warfare, but in internal supression!!

No SW broadcaster Hall of Fame would be complete without Mao, Stalin and
Hitler!

This year Fidel Castro will kill more people to keep ahold of power than
Doctor Scott.

and constantly ask overtly and covertly for MONEY (which
is used for more broadcasts to ask for more money, ad infinitum). Can
you imagine a "religious broadcaster" sending you anything without
asking for something in return?

Many religious broadcasters send free literature. They do usually request,
not demand, money, as they don't have their own source of involuntary
revenue. Religious broadcasters also have no way of keeping donors inside
their religions, unlike the emigration restrictions and the Berlin wall of
the communist countries.

The amount you are asked to send is
always much more than the value of the trinket he sends you!

Brother Stair's radios and satellite receivers aren't a bad deal. But
Brother Stair makes no small scams.

(They are
masters in the art of making people feel guilty if they don't send
money!)

They should try harder. I don't send money, and I listen without guilt!

Incidentally, if the broadcaster is successful in fooling
enough gullible people to send him their money, he can manage to live
rather a lavish lifestyle, according to his wishes, whether it be
Mercedes-Benzes, BMW's, or young women at his beck-and-call in his
"compound."

Didn't Fidel Castro make the Forbes 500?

Anyone who thinks he or she can "buy" his/her way into "heaven" (or
that these so-called "holy men" will help them do so) is, in my
opinion, very foolish.

That's hardly unique to religion. Fool/Money/Parted.

Their "shows" aren't even entertaining!

The are very entertaining!!

I don't wish to impugn any sincere religious person (I am one myself)
and there have been some decent religious broadcasters (HCJB for one);
I can only hope that the current crop of so-called "holy men" get off
the shortwaves and take to the internet where we in the hobby can
easily ignore them.

They're on the internet! They're on TV! They're in the newspapers!
They're on the radio! They're everywhere ideas are presented. And they
will be, as long as the First Amendment is around.

Of course, maybe I'm in the wrong profession. Maybe I should become a
"religious broadcaster." After all, my lifestyle won't be complete
until I have a Watkins-Johnson WJ-8711A and a tower antenna. A very
tall tower.

I think most of the scam religious broadcasters are wannabees. Be careful
you don't end up standing at an intersection carrying a sign reading "Will
Preach for Food".

Hallelujah! Anybody want to send me money?

Not me!

Lawrence

Frank Dresser