Old September 14th 04, 09:37 PM
Luke Perry

Default Good late night West Coast DX targets?

Hi, I live on the West Coast, specifically in Portland, OR. What are
some good late night DX targets to listen for....say around 8 or 9
GMT? I used to be able to get Radio Vanuatu, Solomon Islands I think
on 4890, and also a Russian fishing fleet station on 5015 quite well.
I have been out of the "scene" for a few years and am out of date on
what is active or not. I tend to like programs with musical content,
since listening to a strange language does not hold my interest for
long!

During the day I am able to get the CBC out of Vancouver on 6160 and
also if conditions are right the Arabic station on 15435. BTW, my
radio is a RS DX-392 and I am just using the whip now, but can hook up
a longwire and my MFJ tuner if needed to get tougher signals.

thanks
LP
Old September 15th 04, 12:42 PM
Pete & Renee Davis

Pick up a copy of Monitoring Times mgazine. They have an extensive listing
of SW programs from aroundthe world. You might be able to find it at
Barnes & Noble, or you could order one at http://www.grove-ent.com Have
fun!

Pete

Old October 4th 04, 05:19 AM
Steve Silverwood

In article , doidy1
@juno.com says...
Hi, I live on the West Coast, specifically in Portland, OR. What are
some good late night DX targets to listen for....say around 8 or 9
GMT? I used to be able to get Radio Vanuatu, Solomon Islands I think
on 4890, and also a Russian fishing fleet station on 5015 quite well.
I have been out of the "scene" for a few years and am out of date on
what is active or not. I tend to like programs with musical content,
since listening to a strange language does not hold my interest for
long!

During the day I am able to get the CBC out of Vancouver on 6160 and
also if conditions are right the Arabic station on 15435. BTW, my
radio is a RS DX-392 and I am just using the whip now, but can hook up
a longwire and my MFJ tuner if needed to get tougher signals.

The usual big-gun stations come in very well, easy catches:

BBC
Deutsche Welle
Radio Netherlands
NHK Radio Japan
China Radio International
Radio Taiwan
Radio Canada Internatonal (RCI)

I've also picked up Radio Vlaanderen pretty clear from time to time when
my schedule's coincided with theirs. ;-)

Beyond that, I second the recommendation to get a copy of Monitoring
Times each month. They have a bunch of pages each month with hour-by-
hour schedules for just about every station you can think of. If you
order the electronic version, you get an email on the 20th of each month
with instructions on how to download it in PDF format. That's the route
I use, no damaged or lost issues due to the mail. I just print out the
SWBC schedules for reference. The rest I can read on the computer, or
print out if I want to take a particular article to the bathroom or
something. ;-)
--

-- //Steve//

Steve Silverwood, KB6OJS
Fountain Valley, CA
Email:

i confess Steveo CB 18 December 15th 04 05:20 AM
Delivery / Pick-Up...Service...West Coast to East Coast & South! MTM Boatanchors 0 March 17th 04 07:33 PM
Rare Books on Electronics and Radio and Commmunications Hania Lux Equipment 0 October 22nd 03 07:48 PM
Rare Books on Electronics and Radio and Commmunications Hania Lux Equipment 0 October 22nd 03 07:48 PM