Old August 2nd 05, 02:00 PM
SMV

Default discriminator tapping

Hello fellow radio/scanner folks. I'm looking for info on
discriminator tapping......seems like I have a lot of questions. And I
cant seem to find any answers for them. And yes, I have 2 scanners
capable of the mod.

Is there a website that explains in full detail how to do this?

Once i do the discriminator mod, do I need any softwere to control it?

How does it get connected to the computer?

Can I receive police MDT data?

What other data can i receive?

If anyone has the answers, please steer me in the right
direction...because im kinda lost on this!!!!!
Old August 2nd 05, 09:33 PM
Bob

SMV wrote:
Hello fellow radio/scanner folks. I'm looking for info on
discriminator tapping......seems like I have a lot of questions. And I
cant seem to find any answers for them. And yes, I have 2 scanners
capable of the mod.

Is there a website that explains in full detail how to do this?

try mods.dk or a google search. There are hundreds of mod sites.

Once i do the discriminator mod, do I need any softwere to control it?

How does it get connected to the computer?

with a data slicer, again, google it.

Can I receive police MDT data?

sure, but you'll not likely be able to decode it.

What other data can i receive?

pagers, telemetry, pretty much any non-spread data transmission

If anyone has the answers, please steer me in the right
direction...because im kinda lost on this!!!!!

start with your favorite search engine, that'll keep you busy for weeks!
Old August 4th 05, 01:26 PM

the 2 scanners i have are a pro-2050 and a pro-2026

i did get some info.....but still curious if the output wire off of the #9
pin gets a 4.7-uF capacitor on it? this if for the pro-2050.

if anyone has a finished product pic of the internal setup, it would be
great
Old August 4th 05, 01:39 PM
Martijn

SMV wrote:
Hello fellow radio/scanner folks. I'm looking for info on
discriminator tapping......seems like I have a lot of questions. And I
cant seem to find any answers for them. And yes, I have 2 scanners
capable of the mod.

Is there a website that explains in full detail how to do this?

Once i do the discriminator mod, do I need any softwere to control it?

How does it get connected to the computer?

Can I receive police MDT data?

What other data can i receive?

If anyone has the answers, please steer me in the right
direction...because im kinda lost on this!!!!!

Hi,

Look at http://www.discriminator.nl/index-en.html for all your questions.

Good luck,
Martijn