Old August 15th 05, 08:52 PM
Canonian

Default Icom R2 software

Hi,

Has anyone Windows based software available for the Icom IC-R2 scanning
radio ???

Barry

Old August 15th 05, 11:31 PM
Bob Parnass

On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 21:53:07 +0200, Canonian wrote:

Has anyone Windows based software available for the Icom IC-R2 scanning
radio ???

Barry

You are welcome to use tk2, the free, open source software
I wrote for the IC-R2. It works on Linux, Windows, MacOS X,
and other systems.

See http://parnass.com for screen shots, downloading,
and more info.

Bob Parnass, AJ9S GNU/Linux User http://parnass.com

Old August 16th 05, 12:53 AM
SamSez

"Canonian" wrote in message
Hi,

Has anyone Windows based software available for the Icom IC-R2 scanning
radio ???

Barry

several versions at:

http://www.thiecom.de/ftp/icom/icr2/software/win/

Old August 16th 05, 08:09 PM
Canonian

Hey Bob,

It must be a great software package, but I do not want all the development
environment on my PC.
Just the runtime version is ok for me. Is it possible to send me a runtime
version, without needing al the sourcecode and compiler engines?

Barry

"Bob Parnass" schreef in bericht
news

Old August 16th 05, 10:48 PM
Al Klein

On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 21:09:12 +0200, "Canonian" said in
alt.radio.scanner:

It must be a great software package, but I do not want all the development
environment on my PC.
Just the runtime version is ok for me. Is it possible to send me a runtime
version, without needing al the sourcecode and compiler engines?

For programs written in Tcl, the source *is* the runtime "version".
The Tcl interpreter, which you can download for Windows, runs the
source code. "all the development environment" can be as simple as
Notepad.