Old November 26th 04, 05:08 AM
Edflicek

Default WTB: DC Power cord for the Icom 2100H, prog. software for Icom U400

I need another DC power cord for my Icom 2100H, and need the software with
cable to program my Icom U-400.

Thanks,

Ed, KB0UKG
Old November 26th 04, 05:26 AM
Steve Uhrig

On 26 Nov 2004 05:08:21 GMT, (Edflicek) wrote:

I need another DC power cord for my Icom 2100H, and need the software with
cable to program my Icom U-400.

The U400 predates computer programming. It's after diode matrix
programming, but several generations before PC programming. There is
no software for programming the U400.

You can program it three ways:

1) Clone it from a U16 portable with appropriate cable
2) Clone it from another U400 using appropriate cable
3) Program it with the dedicated, obsolete and hard to find
EX-494 programming console, which plugs into the back of the control
head via a ribbon cable. The programmer is about the size of a credit
card, half an inch thick, and has a keyboard with rubber keys.

Some of us would cut a slot in the top of the control head to clear
the cable, and leave the programmer permanently connected and mounted
next to the radio with Velcro or a little bracket, so we could key in
freqs while driving down the road.

Cheapest thing would be to pay a dealer to program the thing for you.
Prob cost $25-$40 plus shipping for 16 channels. Even dealers are not
likely to have the programmer unless they've been around for a while.

Or find someone with a U16 portable and the proper cable and work
something out with them.

The U400 was and is a pretty decent mobile for its day.

All the cables, the programmer and a programming manual came in a
programming kit for that series of radios. It may have been fifteen
years since the radio was discontinued.

You can get the 2100H power cord from ICOM parts, or prob the
connector at least from Joel at RF Connection,
www.therfc.com.

Regards .... Steve

Steve Uhrig, SWS Security, Maryland (USA)
Mfrs of electronic surveillance equip
website http://www.swssec.com
tel +1+410-879-4035, fax +1+410-836-1190
"In God we trust, all others we monitor"

wtb icom 701 power cord jack Boatanchors 0 April 23rd 04 05:57 AM
wtb icom 701 power cord jack Swap 0 April 23rd 04 05:57 AM
Derivation of the Reflection Coefficient? Dr. Slick Antenna 104 September 6th 03 02:27 AM