Old February 15th 06, 12:35 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dxAce

Default Brazil-4915

Tuning 4915 after the WWCR mixing product left I listened for a while to the two
Brazilians on the freq. Heard an ID at 0030 for Radio Anhanguera. I suspect that
the other weaker Brazilian is Radio Difusora.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old February 15th 06, 04:50 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
David Eduardo

"dxAce" wrote in message

m II wrote:

dxAce wrote:

I presume you mean Radio Difusora do Macapá, which is the other
Brazilian on
4915.

You presumed correctly.

Well, your bloated ego just shines...

'You presumed correctly' sure sounds a lot better than 'I was wrong'

But I wasn't 'wrong' at all, 'tard boy, it's still Radio Difusora, no
matter which
way one slices or dices it!

No, it is not. That is like saying "I heard Radio Station on 1230 AM" in BCB
circles. "Radio Difusora" means a radio station, any radio station. Every
one of the MW, FM and SW stations in Brasil is a radio difusora, with or
without caps.

It's like saying you went to see your lawyer, Mr. Esq. All lawyers who are
men are "Mr. Esq." so you have not identified anyone.

Old February 15th 06, 04:46 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
David Eduardo

"dxAce" wrote in message

But I wasn't 'wrong' at all, 'tard boy, it's still Radio Difusora, no
matter which
way one slices or dices it!

No, it is not. That is like saying "I heard Radio Station on 1230 AM" in
BCB
circles. "Radio Difusora" means a radio station, any radio station. Every
one of the MW, FM and SW stations in Brasil is a radio difusora, with or
without caps.

It's like saying you went to see your lawyer, Mr. Esq. All lawyers who
are
men are "Mr. Esq." so you have not identified anyone.

Any DX'er worth his or her salt would have known exactly what I was
saying.

Yes. I know exactly what you were saying. You said the station was called
"radio station" and that applies, at least in Portuguese, to a few thousand
AM, FM and SW stations.

No DXer worth their salt would make such an obvious mistake and then defend
it.

Old February 15th 06, 04:55 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dxAce

David Eduardo wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

[...]

Well, what is the name of the station? Are they not Radio Difusora? Are they not
on or near 4915?

Forget about the language lesson, Frackelton, and read my original post. Try to
read it for what it was without the intent of giving me a language lesson.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old February 15th 06, 05:06 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
David

On Wed, 15 Feb 2006 11:55:30 -0500, dxAce
wrote:

David Eduardo wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

[...]

R. Anhanguera; R. Nacional, Marcapa are the 2 Brazilians in the 2005
Blue Pages.

Old February 15th 06, 05:18 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dxAce

wrote:

David Eduardo wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

[...]

Depends on where one looks I suppose (and I rarely trust PWBR anymore). I see many
sources that say "Radio Difusora"

Do a Google for Radio Difusora Macapá... see what comes up.

LMFAO! My big 'crime' was not writing 'Radio Difusora, Macapá' in my original post!

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old February 15th 06, 05:32 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dxAce

wrote:

David Eduardo wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

[...]

Instead, I wind up with a fake Hispanic who's trying to give me language lessons, and
then a certifiable 'tard boy who doesn't have a damn clue about anything at all shows
up as well!

LMFAO

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old February 15th 06, 06:12 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
David

On Wed, 15 Feb 2006 12:32:02 -0500, dxAce
wrote:

LMFAO! My big 'crime' was not writing 'Radio Difusora, Macapá' in my original post!

Instead, I wind up with a fake Hispanic who's trying to give me language lessons, and
then a certifiable 'tard boy who doesn't have a damn clue about anything at all shows
up as well!

LMFAO

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Dwardo's OK. A little too fond of his R75 for my taste but quite
factually adept overall, especially regarding MW and Latin America.

Old February 15th 06, 08:37 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dxAce

David Eduardo wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message
Tuning 4915 after the WWCR mixing product left I listened for a while to
the two
Brazilians on the freq. Heard an ID at 0030 for Radio Anhanguera. I
suspect that
the other weaker Brazilian is Radio Difusora.

I presume you mean Radio Difusora do Macapá, which is the other Brazilian on
4915.

I presume you mean Radio Difusora de Macapá, rather than Radio Difusora do
Macapá.

LMFAO

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old February 15th 06, 08:42 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
David Eduardo

"dxAce" wrote in message

David Eduardo wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

[...]

No, the name is Radio Difusora do Macapá. Just as there is no "Voice of"
but there is a "Voice of America."

Forget about the language lesson, Frackelton, and read my original post.
Try to
read it for what it was without the intent of giving me a language lesson.

Why are you never able to say you are wrong? This is such an obvious faux
pas that even you should see it. "Radio Difusora" means "Radio Station" and
is not a name specific to one radio station. Radio means radio and Difusora
means "sender" and is the equivalent of "emisora" in Spanish.

You are so quick to say something nasty about others, but when you make an
absolutely stupid error yourself, you accuse others of being wrong.

Brazil - 4885 kHz SeeingEyeDog Shortwave 0 January 15th 06 05:40 PM
Brazil - Trans World Radio inaugurates new shortwave transmitter Mike Terry Shortwave 1 December 4th 04 05:15 PM
Brazil - Trans World Radio inaugurates new shortwave transmitter Mike Terry Shortwave 0 December 3rd 04 10:35 PM
4915 @ 2:37 UTC Michael Shortwave 2 September 14th 04 11:04 PM
Question about sending QSL direct to Brazil Keyboard In The Wilderness General 1 August 10th 03 11:37 PM