Old August 10th 03, 11:37 PM
Keyboard In The Wilderness

Default Question about sending QSL direct to Brazil

Go To USPS URL:
http://ircalc.usps.gov/
Use Calculator to determine overseas postage (not the same as domestic)

To Brazil
Airmail Letter Post 4 - 7 Days $0.80 Max. length 24", Max. length,
height, depth combined 36"

If you want to include return postage - tis a different problem.
Because the USA has 600,000 Amateurs and Brazil has only about 27,000
many USA DXers send return postage to help from driving the DX stations
broke.

Without the return postage the DX may send it via the bureau. See bureaus
below:

For return postage --- See URL:
http://www.qsl.net/n6dhz/irc-chart.html

Has how many dollar bills to send or how many IRC's, so the DX has
sufficient postage to return your card. For Brazil, a dollar or one IRC will
be sufficient.

An IRC is available at the US Post Offices (Main and Big ones) and an
explanation of what they are is at URL:
http://www.upu.int/irc/en/index.html

-------------------------

Another way is:

You will likely work many Brazilian Stations so a better way is to work a
dozen or more and send them via the ARRL outgoing Bureau -- URL:
http://www.arrl.org/qsl/qslout.html
There you can send 10 cards or less for just $1.00
But you must be an ARRL Member

The incoming ARRL Bureau system (no ARRL Membership required) can be found
at URL:
http://www.arrl.org/qsl/qslin.html

If you work even a few DX stations and want the cards -- then join the ARRL
incoming bureau system.
--------------------------------------

Lot more to QSLing

AC6V Has a book on DXing and devotes a whole Chapter to QSLing -- See his
site at URL:
http://ac6v.com/DXSAMPLE.htm

73 es GD DX
The Old DXer
AKA the "Keyboard in the wilderness" who must remain ANON

"ku4uv" wrote in message
I am trying to mail a QSL card direct to Brazil and was wondering about

the
postage requirements for the envelope. Can I just use regular U.S.

postage
stamps, or will that no work? Please e-mail me and let me know. Thanks!

73,
Mike KU4UV

Direct TV question? PDRUNEN Antenna 2 August 26th 04 06:05 PM
Ohio/Penn DX Bulletin #668 Tedd Mirgliotta Dx 0 July 11th 04 07:57 PM
Ohio/Penn DX Bulletin #668 Tedd Mirgliotta Dx 0 July 11th 04 07:57 PM
Ohio/Penn DX Bulletin #667 Tedd Mirgliotta Dx 2 July 6th 04 02:17 AM
Ohio/Penn DX Bulletin #667 Tedd Mirgliotta Dx 0 July 4th 04 09:32 PM