Old October 1st 03, 04:32 AM
Steve Robeson, K4CAP

Default Points Of Perception...What Do YOU Call "Collateral Damage"...?!?!

Radio Amateur KC2HMZ wrote in message . ..

The code test will soon vanish, and then hopefully we can get around
to the business of repairing the collateral damage that's been done to
the ARS in the process.

"Collateral damage", John...???

You've been watching too much CNN.

You wouldn't be talking about the "damage" created by the influx
of over a quarter of a million NON-code licensees, would you?

Or would that be by the "damage" created by Amateur volunteers in
the last 80+ years that has earned Amateur Radio the respect and
hearldry bestowed upon it by the American Red Cross, the Deaprtment of
State, the Department of Defense, the Salvation Army, FEMA, etc etc
etc...??? (Not to mention mentions in the Federal Register and
accolades rendered on the House and Senate floor)

Perhaps you were alluding to the "damage" created by the creation
of a radio repeater net that has withstood fire, flood, maelstrom and
terrorist attack...Is THAT the "damage" you were refering to? I heard
all the "complaints" about it from about two dozen New York and New
Jersey emergency response groups from all the "trouble" they created
in September 2001...You should read all the things some of those guys
had to say about Amatuer Radio!

Maybe you meant the "damage" created by the fact that we are
(generally) self-policing and allowed by the FCC to mentor our own? I
don't see the commercial services being allowed to do this, but I
guess I am missing something...

Or I guess you were refering to the "damage" caused by the
interruption of our schools by such programs as ARISS and SAREX...???
I can see how taking little Johnny and Mary away from recess to chat
wwith orbiting astronauts might inhibit thier imaginations...

And I guess we sure got our "come-uppance" when we were allocated
new bands on HF in the last 20 years.

Otherwise, I haven't got a clue of what you were alluding
to...And I doubt YOU did either, John.

Steve, K4YZ
Old October 10th 03, 10:31 PM
Steve Robeson, K4CAP

(Steve Robeson, K4CAP) wrote in message . com...
[...]

Hey John...Where'd ya go...?!?!

Find it a bit rough going trying to create an illusion while
someone else was shining a light on you, eh?

Steve, K4YZ
Old October 14th 03, 02:32 PM
Brian

[...]

Talking to yourself again?
Old October 21st 03, 03:31 AM
Steve Robeson, K4CAP

(Brian) wrote in message om...
(Steve Robeson, K4CAP) wrote in message . com...
(Brian) wrote in message . com...

Steve, John is mere avoiding a crazy man who talks to himself in
between episodes of playing RRAP Avenging Angel.

Since you claim to look to Lennie as a mentor,

Stebe, I now claim you as my mentor. Keep it up - I have much
insanity to learn.

Your insanity is a result of genetic in-breeding.

Nothing I could say could change that.

I will remind you
that it is he who claims anyone making typos in a USENET repsonse is
"getting mad". I will leave it to you to figure out what you did
wrong (according to Lennie's rules).

ly

They are not my rules, Sir MinniePutz.

As far as John goes, I imagine him like a bully I knew as a
kid...He was all big and brash...Right up until someone smacked him
back.

Robo-Angel, no doubt.

Yep. One swift kick did it. It took a few more with John. You
and Lennie like it too much.

John has beat a hasty retreat because unlike you and Lennie, I
doubt that he LIKES being spoon-fed his own USENET foolishness. You
should take a hint. I know you won't since you obviously like being
beat over the head again-and-again with stuff YOU provide.

Then there are those who like beating others over the head.

Such as you and Lennie?

So don't blame me, Brain, for any "Avenging Angel" stuff...You
just keep giving me so much raw material to work with.

Thanks.

Steve, K4YZ

Stebe, you'd do it anyway. It's what makes you tick since you went
over the deep end.

Without your input I'd be lost, Brain. I'd be lost and would
have to resort to discussing MEANINGFUL topics...Not that Lennie would
let the thread last very long anyway.

Steve, K4YZ