Old March 30th 05, 02:00 PM
Lucky

Default Great SSB Speakers Cheap

I was in my local Best Buy a few days ago when I found these GE UltraSonic
2.0 speakers open box for $12. I decided to try them out. Boy was I
surprised.

These speakers are superb IMO for SSB and speech programs. They have ZERO
bass and treble. What you hear is pure clear sound. When you adjust the
tone, notch or other touch ups, you really can hear the changes you made.
The only bad part is all the other garbage comes in nice and clear too.

But if your frequency is clean, or your rig can clean up garbage well, it
doesnt make a difference. So far I coupled them with my R75, Lowe 150 and
NRD-525 and they sound great. No muddy sound at all. You know how you must
wear a pair of headphones sometimes for those really weak SSB signals? With
these speakers you can hear everything. They are great for the price.

Here is one auction on Ebay for them. Some of these sellers only charge 1
cent for the speakers or $1, but shipping is $10 or $12. They are worth it.
Try a pair and see the fantastic price/performance. Great value for your
bread. Also, they sound so real and surround. They sound doesn't seem to
come from one direction but from all over. Very lightweight too.

Lucky

Old March 30th 05, 02:06 PM
Lucky

"Lucky" wrote in message
[...]

I forgot to mention they cost $23 new in Best Buy. If your BB has them you
can try them first. So for the $10-$12 they go for on Ebay are worth it. BB
is so overpriced.

Lucky

Old March 30th 05, 02:13 PM
Lucky

"Lucky" wrote in message

"Lucky" wrote in message
[...]

BTW, they are powered but are only 4 watts.

Lucky

Old March 30th 05, 02:16 PM
dxAce

Lucky wrote:

[...]

I think I'll stick with my MS-4 speakers.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old March 31st 05, 04:28 AM
Telamon

In article ,
dxAce wrote:

Lucky wrote:

[...]

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...518072005 4&r
d=1

I think I'll stick with my MS-4 speakers.

I didn't know you had to buy speakers for SSB reception. I'd like to
hear that technical explanation.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

Old March 31st 05, 05:05 AM
RHF

Hum Dar Telamundo !
Old March 31st 05, 05:11 AM
Telamon

In article . com,
"RHF" wrote:

Hum Dar Telamundo !
.
Ya See Its Like This Hera Telamundo . . .
With reg-U-lar AM Radio the Speaker goes In-and-Out )
.
With this hera Single-Side-Band Thingie
( We Rad-Doo People Know to Call It SSB )
.
Since you got only One Side-Band
Well then the Speaker Just Have To Go Out / / / ;-)
.
And That There Is All You Need To Know About
That There ar SSB Speaker !
. . . and Now Does You Want To Buy It ?
.
just for the fun of it (memories of old time radio) ~ RHF

Uhhh... OK thanks for the explanation.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

For Sale: 2 Hallicrafters S20R speakers Nc183d Boatanchors 0 December 8th 04 06:35 PM
For Sale: 2 Hallicrafters S20R speakers Nc183d Boatanchors 0 December 8th 04 06:35 PM
a dipole made of two great sheets of metal? Dan Jacobson Antenna 12 April 7th 04 02:22 AM
cheap power supply w4jle Antenna 5 January 11th 04 12:56 AM
Great mobile scanner antenna - and cheap ! J999w Scanner 1 July 24th 03 05:05 AM