Old March 30th 05, 02:06 PM
Lucky

"Lucky" wrote in message
I was in my local Best Buy a few days ago when I found these GE UltraSonic
2.0 speakers open box for $12. I decided to try them out. Boy was I
surprised.

These speakers are superb IMO for SSB and speech programs. They have ZERO
bass and treble. What you hear is pure clear sound. When you adjust the
tone, notch or other touch ups, you really can hear the changes you made.
The only bad part is all the other garbage comes in nice and clear too.

But if your frequency is clean, or your rig can clean up garbage well, it
doesnt make a difference. So far I coupled them with my R75, Lowe 150 and
NRD-525 and they sound great. No muddy sound at all. You know how you must
wear a pair of headphones sometimes for those really weak SSB signals?
With these speakers you can hear everything. They are great for the price.

Here is one auction on Ebay for them. Some of these sellers only charge 1
cent for the speakers or $1, but shipping is $10 or $12. They are worth
it. Try a pair and see the fantastic price/performance. Great value for
your bread. Also, they sound so real and surround. They sound doesn't seem
to come from one direction but from all over. Very lightweight too.

Lucky

I forgot to mention they cost $23 new in Best Buy. If your BB has them you
can try them first. So for the $10-$12 they go for on Ebay are worth it. BB
is so overpriced.

Lucky