Old January 1st 04, 04:17 AM
garigue

Default Do Hams Tip?

"Alan Jatowski" wrote in message
Linda Sue Williams, 41, is a waitress at Miss Valinda's Country
Kitchen. After waitressing for over 20 years, she is somewhat
a judge of male character.

Linda Sue's customers are mostly blue collar family men. They
come in, drink coffee, read the paper, order breakfast and make
a little small talk with Linda Sue and the other waitress staff.
The one and two dollar tips they leave Linda Sue are appreciated.
Sometimes on Fridays a large group will sit at one table, and
Linda Sue may make as much as $20 in tips for the table.

Once a year the ham radio hamfest comes to town, says Linda
Sue. They demand endless cups of coffee, dump more food on
the floor than they do in their fat bellies and expect instant
service, while making lewd remarks to me, says Linda Sue.
The table is filled with their expensive little toy radios and palm
computers. They brag endlessly what important jobs they have,
how many people work for them and how many college degrees
they have.

"If only their tipping habits were as big as their inflated egos,"
said Linda Sue. When they leave, I am lucky if I find a few pennies
and dimes left among all the trash. Their body odor lingers for
hours after they're gone.

"Hams are smelly cheap braggarts," says Linda Sue.

Yawnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn........

73 from KI3R (I use Old Spice Sport)

ps if you want to smell something bad catch me the day after a good fish
dinner and I when I come back from an 8 mile run .... boy the system really
blows off those protein by-products .....I know that was just as interesting
as the story above .....Happy New Year KI3R