Old May 1st 06, 03:59 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
junius

Default Grundig 800 Serial number confirmation

Mark wrote:
I am thinking about buying a used Grundig Satellit 800. The serial
number is S8010008099.

If possible, can the manufacture date be determined by the serial
number? If so, is this a better version of the radio compared to others?

Thanks and regards,
Mark

S8 for Satellit 800; the following "0" is for the year- 2000; the
following two numbers "10" are for the month of manufacture- October.

I don't know what it tells about the unit; someone else here might be
able to tell you about the supposed "generations" of Sat 800s. In my
opinion, the best indicator of potential quality would lie in whether
or not it was sent to Drake for servicing or refurbishing: if it did
see a shakedown by the Drake folks, I would consider that a plus.

Might be a good idea to drop by the Yahoo! Satellit 800 group. The
folks there might be better able to help you with your question and any
subsequent ones regarding this model.

junius