uniden bearcat BC55xlt users guide

Old November 7th 06, 10:50 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner

Default uniden bearcat BC55xlt users guide

This is an older model handfeld scanner that was given to me it works
but there is no owners/users guide with it does any one know how to
program it or know where i can find a copy of the users guide?

Old November 7th 06, 11:42 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner
Frank346

wrote in message
oups.com...
This is an older model handfeld scanner that was given to me it works
but there is no owners/users guide with it does any one know how to
program it or know where i can find a copy of the users guide?

I don't recall where I found this, but from my archives:

Uniden Bearcat 55XLT Information

The radio is a basic 10 channel scanner. Nothing fancy. If you
disconnect wall power and it doesn't have batteries in it, it will
lose its memories.

It uses 5AA batteries. If you put NiCd's in it, you can flip a switch
in the battery compartment and they will charge when you plug it in.
(If you use an external charger you don't have to the flip the switch.
Leave it on Alkaline.)

The keypad switch "locks" the keypad so you don't accidentally press a
button and change your settings.

To program:

Turn on radio.

It will be in scan mode. Press Manual (orange button) to stop scanning.
Press Manual button to step through channels to get to the one you want.
(Or press channel number and then manual button)

If "LockOut" is displayed it means this channel isn't being "Scanned."
You will want to lock out the NWS WX (National Weather Service/Weather)
frequency. Pressing Lockout will toggle the status.

To program:

Select channel. Use keypad to enter frequency. Use "E" for Enter
key. If the radio displays an E this means Error. Usually, the
frequency you typed in is outside of the capabilities of the scanner.

Once you hit the E you will immediately start hearing anything that's
out there on the frequency you entered.

Push the "Review" button and the scanner will display the frequency
that is programmed for the channel. A "-" will be displayed for the
decimal point.

Old November 8th 06, 04:06 AM posted to rec.radio.scanner
Beloved Leader

wrote:

a copy of the users guide?

It seems to me that this question was asked about four or five months
ago, but I can't find it now.

The BC55XLT was also sold under the Radio Shack brand name It might
have been a PRO-38, a PRO-39, or a PRO-41. Some pix:

Brett's Scanner Photo Gallery
http://n7olq.home.att.net/Radio/Galleryframe.htm

http://scanpix2.home.att.net/BC/bc55xlt.jpg

http://scanpix1.home.att.net/RS/pro38.jpg

http://scanpix1.home.att.net/RS/pro41.jpg

The PRO-41 appeared on page 22 of the RS 1993 catalog; it had SKU
number 20-301, and it sold for $119.99. The point is that you might be
able to find a user manual at the Radio Shack website, download that,
print it, and use it as your BC55XLT user manual.