Old October 22nd 03, 03:51 AM
Alun Palmer

(N2EY) wrote in
om:

"Dwight Stewart" wrote in message
link.net...
"N2EY" wrote:

I disagree! There's a world of difference between "drop the code"
and "drop the code test".

It's human nature to shorten phrases to simplify a discussion, Jim.

Of course. But in this case dropping the word "test" changes the
meaning tremendously.

We all
do it when it's bloody obvious what's being discussed. If you don't,
then you're truly an extraordinary human being.

I don't drop words that are needed for clarity.

If someone is against the code *test*, then let them take the
trouble to spell it out.

Oh, I see. This only applies to those oppossed to the code test.

No, it applies to everyone.

Sorry,
you don't make the rules - either in this discussion or over human
nature.

I'm simply expressing an opinion. I think people should take the time
to be clear in what they are saying, particularly in a discussion
where there are radically differing viewpoints, and where people drop
in and out of the discussion often.

To continue to demand clarification of the obvious only makes it
appear you can't see the obvious, which isn't exactly a good
impression to leave with others, Jim.

I'm simply expressing the opinion that if someone is really only
against the test, they should so specify.

73 de Jim, N2EY

I don't think they had this NG in mind when they named the organisation,
HI!

73 de Alun, N3KIP