Old October 22nd 03, 06:25 PM
Mike Coslo

Dwight Stewart wrote:
"N2EY" wrote:

I disagree! There's a world of difference between "drop
the code" and "drop the code test".

It's human nature to shorten phrases to simplify a discussion, Jim. We all
do it when it's bloody obvious what's being discussed. If you don't, then
you're truly an extraordinary human being.

Dwight, I don't believe that NCI's official position at this time is to
remove Morse code as a mode.

But with all due respect, the argument that simplification of the
discussion from something like NCTI to NCI is to say the least,
laughable. I go through more acronyms than that before getting dressed
in the morning, and can handle the extra T easily.

If someone is against the code *test*, then let them take
the trouble to spell it out.

Oh, I see. This only applies to those oppossed to the code test. Sorry,
you don't make the rules - either in this discussion or over human nature.
To continue to demand clarification of the obvious only makes it appear you
can't see the obvious, which isn't exactly a good impression to leave with
others, Jim.

Let's take a ignorant but intelligent bystander who sees the words "No
Code International".

Without a person or written material to pursuade him that it really
means No Code Test International, Tell me the assumption that he is
going to make.

Can you with a straight face, tell me that the person is going to assume
that it means elimination of the test?

- Mike KB3EIA -