Old October 27th 03, 03:14 AM
Dwight Stewart

"Larry Roll K3LT" wrote:

I believe requirements for immigration and naturalization
should be extremely rigid, involving extensive background
checks and a requirement that the person immigrating have
the means in place to make his/her own living. Eligibility
for state or federal "welfare" benefits should also be
severely limited. I'd also do away with the law that states
that any person born in the U.S. is automatically a U.S.
citizen, if the parents, at the time, are *not* U.S. citizens
themselves. The children born to non-citizens would be
considered to be citizens of the parents' own country of
origin. Also, no person who is not a U.S. citizen, by birth
or legal naturalization, should be allowed to vote in any
local, state, or federal election. Liberal immigration and
naturalization policies amount to political corruption in it's
most dangerous form -- and the danger is to U.S.
sovereignty.

In the end, the ONLY way to stop illegal immigration is to force employers
to exercise restraint over who they hire, with truly serious consequences
for those who knowingly hire, or should have known they were hiring, illegal
immigrants. As long as jobs better than what is available elsewhere are
available and we have a weak enforcement process, illegal immigrants are
going to come. Cut off the jobs and you clearly cut off the problem.
Employers claim it is not their responsibility to check out potential
employees. Nonsense. Employers routinely run checks on everybody else they
hire and it is every citizen's responsibility not to contribute to obvious
crime.

Dwight Stewart (W5NET)

http://www.qsl.net/w5net/