Old November 5th 03, 10:00 PM
Dan/W4NTI

"Mike Coslo" wrote in message
Steve Robeson, K4CAP wrote:
Mike Coslo wrote in message

S. Hanrahan wrote:

On Fri, 17 Oct 2003 23:19:54 GMT, "Dee D. Flint"
wrote:

Yet 5wpm will even put me to sleep.

Me too. I can copy 45-50 WPM in my head, but I can't write it down
fast enough for a full complete one minute of copy.

I keep getting these images of you two listening to a ARRL Morse code CD
to fall asleep to, instead of the music most people would use! 8^)

Ahhhhhh! But Mike! To SOME of us it IS music to the ear!

You know, I'm starting to get frustrated again. I can do nearly 20 wpm
listening to NuMorse with headphones and in a quiet room. But the leaast
bit of background noise, or the conditions on the air, and my speed
drops like a rock. I hope I'm not running up against my personal
limitations.

How's your fall looking? It's absolutely spectacular here this

year!

It started out looking like it was going to be pretty blah, with rain
and not much color. But then it did an about face, and got warm and
beautiful. The leaves decided not to listen to the newspaper"leaf color
experts" - whoever they are.

- Mike KB3EIA -

Now that you KNOW you can actually copy International Morse Code. Throw
out the canned stuff. Fire up the HF rig and use it.

You must teach your brain to 'isolate' and hear ONLY what you are trying to
hear. It takes practice, but it certainly can be done.

Use the most narrow filter at first. Then widden it out. Picking up more
and more interference, and try to pick out the characters.

Its fun.

Dan/W4NTI