Old November 14th 03, 03:22 AM
Phil Kane

On Thu, 13 Nov 2003 04:21:05 -0600, Kim W5TIT wrote:

A neighbor tells me that the FCC has recently ruled that broadcast radio
stations are now "legally" able to "say the F word" on the air, as long as
it isn't sexual. Yeah, I know, go figure.

But, when I did a quick search on the FCC website, I found nothing of it.
Anyone know of this...my thoughts are on what will happen in amateur radio
now. The broadcast arena has always been the barometer of what people are
allowed to say on the air, hasn't it?

The Commish, in its infinite wisdom, decidied to take no action on
the situation (i.e. they just hid from their responsibilities once
again).

This is vastly different from saying that it's OK to use that
language. This also does not create any precedent that anyone can
rely on.

The next sitution may result in full-fledged prosecution - who is to
say it won't? Nowadays one can't predict what they will do.

--
73 de K2ASP - Phil Kane

From a Clearing in the Silicon Forest
Beaverton (Washington County) Oregon