Old November 14th 03, 09:40 PM
Phil Kane

On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 00:57:20 -0500, Ryan, KC8PMX wrote:

Around here in this county I live in, home ownership is next to impossible,
except for spending at least $75,000 or better. The average small 3 bedroom
house, no basement or garage (slab built) on a half to full acre runs *at
least* 75 grand or better. Go immediately outside of the county lines of
this county, and the similar/equivalent structure is anywhere from 25-50%
less. I guess it is something about Midland county I guess.

Be happy. What you describe would cost four times that here (less
if on a quarter acre), and easily ten times that in any developed
part of California and many other states.

As to Dennis' comment about the house in Palo Alto (CA) - earlier
this year my daughter sold her telephone-booth-sized condo apartment
in Hercules (CA - East Bay) the same day she put it up for sale - it
didn't even make the Multiple Listing register. She got well into
six figures.

--
73 de K2ASP - Phil Kane

From a Clearing in the Silicon Forest