Old November 15th 03, 01:34 AM
Dee D. Flint

"Ryan, KC8PMX" wrote in message

"Dee D. Flint" wrote in message
.com...

"Ryan, KC8PMX" wrote in message
Yeah..... that may be true but circumstances now have forced many to

suffer
with it as a "living" wage.

Yeah that's the same "victim" argument some of my friends made when I

went
to college and they didn't. But I sacrificed to go to college. My

parents
didn't pay for it.

Thats assuming a certain age too. I have sacraficed as well, but do the
math, at 5-7 bucks an hour, trying to support your self, in the minimal of
settings, (housing, transportation etc.) and also have funds to pay for
college does not always work as conviently as you prescribe. I have been
working on my degree since 1989, and am almost done. Unfortunately you

live
in some type of world where kids are allowed to live with the parents

above
the age of 18. Myself, as well as many others do not have that luxury.

Once I started college, I was only at home in the summers and paid all my
own expenses when not at home.

Due to various ups and downs in life, my daughter is going to college
entirely on her own nickel today and will graduate in May. She has not
lived at home at all since the age of 18.

I worked a minimum wage job, lived at home, did not buy a car, did not

buy
records and so on. I put the money aside and did without so I could go

college. So that "circumstances" argument is pretty shakey. And don't

try
the "pregnant and alone teenager" argument either. I knew some of them

in
college and they made it too.

Again, not all people have the luxury of living off the parents beyond
graduation of high school. To expect every person to have been in the

exact
same circumstances as you is also pretty shakey as well. As far as the
pregnant teenager issue, I wasn't gonna mention that one either.

There are still ways even if they can't live at home. My daughter is a case
in point.

People allow themselves to fail and become victims of circumstance.

Following that logic, then the people IN the WTC buildings are also as

well
then......

No it does not follow. The people in the WTC buildings were subject to a
circumstance that no one could ever have even guessed might happen or
foreseen might happen. That was not within their power to prevent or solve.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE