Old November 15th 03, 03:32 PM
Kim W5TIT

"Dee D. Flint" wrote in message
y.com...

"Dwight Stewart" wrote in message
k.net...
You seriously need to climb off your high horse, Kim. Who in the heck
asked you to "help" anyone in this newsgroup? I came to this newsgroup

discuss various topics - not be lectured by you with a mandate to drop

my
opinions in favor of yours. So, if you're sitting around waiting for

that
happen, you're going to be one very, very, tired old woman long before
there's even a glimmer of hope.

While I normally disagree with a great many of Kim's posts. Here she is
fundamentally correct. Consumers do have the choice to be informed if

they
really want to. If they don't want to go to that much work, then it is
their own problem. Government should NOT be doing your research for you.

certainly don't want MY taxes to go for the checks on goods and

information
dissemination that you seem to think the government should do for you.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

Dee, the one thing I think I can say about you--and, to tell you the truth I
attribute it to the fact that you are a woman and I just plain believe that
women think a lot more logically most of the time--is that whenever you and
I have "disagreed" there's never been the exchange that we witness from some
of (your welcome Jim) men here in this newsgroup.

You may disagree with a lot of *how* I say something, but I think you and I
probably would agree on a lot more than you may realize. I am a very "tough
love" kind of person. I spent too much time in my life feeling sorry for,
or empathetic for, people who had no desire whatsoever to lift themselves up
and change what makes them miserable--those that have the capability and
ability to do so, that is.

So, that having been said--it seems very apparent to me that Dwight has some
ideas for which he has no real basis in fact. (And, that's not to say that
my ideas are all based in fact--but I at least admit it). And, I can't
believe that he expects people to accept--let alone agree--with him that we
are too busy and stupid to do our own research to make ethical purchase
decisions; yet we should warm up to the idea that government and business
can be held to a high enough standard (uh, even though we are too busy and
stupid to research what the standard should be) that they can "do it for
us." And, that's not even bringing into the equation that I've seen Dwight
rail against the "liberals" for big government principles--yet here he is
espousing to a huge government *and* rolling the corporate world up into it.
The "conservatives" woud have a field day for that blessing!!

I agree with you--and I'll even take it further than how you put it to
include Dwight's ill-fated thoughts: if consumers in a "free" society are
too stupid, too lazy, or too apathetic, or too *whatever* to take it upon
themselves to be informed, then they deserve whatever they get--including a
government such as what would occur if we all thought like Dwight.

By the way...you've probably been astute enough to see this. Do you notice
that I've told someone they are right? I try to always remember to tell
people whether I agree or disagree with something they say--but I try never
to presume they are right or wrong. Whatever they think is right for them,
correct?

Kim W5TIT