Old November 15th 03, 04:10 PM
Kim W5TIT

"Dee D. Flint" wrote in message
y.com...

"Dwight Stewart" wrote in message
nk.net...
"Dee D. Flint" wrote:

(snip) He seems to be advocating that the
government "fix" consumer's purchasing habits
so that the local stores stay in business.

First, please don't assume what anyone's position is, Dee. Jim made a
specific comment and I was responding to that specific comment alone,

not
the topic as a whole. My response was an explanation of the process at

play
as I see it, not a "fix" of any kind. Second, I'm not really

"advocating"
anything at all. There isn't enough of us here in this newsgroup to even

do
so. If I wanted to advocate something, I would do so in a much more
"audience rich" environment. Instead, we're simply discussing another

one
of
the many topics we routinely discuss in this newsgroup.

Please note I did NOT assume anything. I did not state that you ARE
advocating that but that it SEEMS that you are. There is a difference.
I.e. the statements in your posts can lead the reader to that conclusion
although the position is not definitively stated.

Why bother to enter the discussion if you are not advocating your position
(or conversely playing "devil's advocate")? The size of the audience

should
not matter. You never know in what venue you may find a person or group

of
persons who have the ability to initiate and/or implement change.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

I agree wholeheartedly... and I think I've stated so. You, Dee, seem to be
as disconcerted by Dwight's contribution to this topic as I have been.

Kim W5TIT