Old November 16th 03, 02:55 PM
Kim W5TIT

"Dwight Stewart" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Kim W5TIT" wrote:

(snip) I would have asked to visit with the Shift
Manager and would have explained the situation
to him/her and asked what the store intended to
do about it. *If* the conversation had been loud
enough for the clerk to make a decision on your
complaint, then it was loud enough for her to
witness to the Shift Manager. What would I
expect as a consumer? I would expect the store
to ask the people to leave if they persist in
offensive behavior in public. (snip)

With the possibility of lawsuits, I doubt many stores would be that

overt
today. Many of the offensive language laws of the past have been struck

down
as unconstitutional (enough that few stores would want to take much of a
chance pushing the issue)

Dwight Stewart (W5NET)

You always seem to come up with some reason not to effect change, Dwight.
At the end of the post you have a little bit of above, I even stated that
you could put the items down and leave--without ever saying a thing to
anyone.

How do you feel about doing that? If you totally disagree with how the
people were behaving, say nothing to anyone, and just simply walk out of the
store; then you be sure that you enlighten others as to this way of doing
something in our litigious society today, what do you think the potential is
of making some true changes in our society and in the businesses that we do
business with?

Oh, I forgot...never mind...I'm lying...

Kim W5TIT