Old November 16th 03, 06:39 PM
Kim W5TIT

"Dwight Stewart" wrote in message
ink.net...
"Kim W5TIT" wrote:

(snip) At the end of the post you have a little
bit of above, I even stated that you could put
the items down and leave--without ever saying
a thing to anyone.

(snip) How do you feel about doing that? (snip)

Don't be so defensive, Kim. Most would agree one could simply walk out

of
the store. Because of that, there was really nothing much to add to that
part of the conversation. Instead, I added to what you said in another

part
of your message, which obviously gave you an opportunity to address that.
After all, if you're going to approach the manager, that is going to be on
his mind.

Dwight Stewart (W5NET)

Defensive? I don't know where you got that. While the Manager may be
thinking of legality and lawsuit issues, it would not come to a legal issue
by simply approaching a manager about the issue. What that does is give one
the opportunity to "field" what reactions will be at the idea of a consumer
complaining about behaviors of others in a store. If it's determined,
through experience, that we can't do things people-to-people because of fear
of retribution, then there's all opportunity in, as I said, simply lying
down the products you were going to purchase and walking out. One could
even follow-up with a letter or email (anonymous or not) to the corporate
headquarters of the company.

I think I was probably of the thought you were being dismissive of the
*whole* idea simply because of fear of reprimand. Fear of reprimand is some
of what has paralyzed people in this country from demanding the behaviors we
wish to see from others (personal or business). There are ways around fear
of reprimand.

Kim W5TIT