Old November 18th 03, 10:20 AM
Ryan, KC8PMX

Well to answer the questions below Jim, I guess an actual example of the
houses I am referring to in this thread is more relevant to the
conversation. A two or three bedroom house can actually take on different
shapes and sizes.

The message originally was a comparision to the immediate surrounding
counties and the property values in this county of which I live. It is
merely something about Midland County!!!!!! In surrounding counties, that
same 75K can get twice the house!!!!

"N2EY" wrote in message
In article , "Ryan, KC8PMX"
writes:

Around here in this county I live in, home ownership is next to

impossible,
except for spending at least $75,000 or better.

That;s very inexpensive, Ryan.

The average small 3 bedroom
house, no basement or garage (slab built) on a half to full acre runs *at
least* 75 grand or better.

What would you consider reasonable?

Check out

http://www.realtor.com

for an idea what houses cost in other parts of the country. You can search

by
zip code, town name, etc. Set limits on house size, price, etc.

You don't want to know what a house costs around here.

Yeah.... probably not.... Guess it would depend on what you are getting.

Go immediately outside of the county lines of
this county, and the similar/equivalent structure is anywhere from 25-50%
less. I guess it is something about Midland county I guess.

Under $50,000? Amazing. But remember the three most important things about

real
estate....

Yeah... most all of the properties I have considered are in the townships
outside of the county seat/City of Midland which do not have all the
benefits of certain things like city water, sewage, trash pickup, and in
some case road maintenance as that is usually left up to the county. These
are areas where the value listed is merely a function of how much the real
estate agent wants to get as a commision on the property. The more he/she
wants to make the higher the property value/listing price needs to be.....

What are the taxes like?

Between 500 and 1000 dolllars yearly depending on what is on the property.
(size etc.)

--
Ryan KC8PMX

"Health is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die."