Old February 2nd 04, 07:25 PM
Ken

On Mon, 2 Feb 2004 11:01:13 -0600, "Steve Nosko"
wrote:
The simple answer is no. The wires must run more or less in a straight line
away from the base of the antenna. A little bending can be done, like an
"L", but you can't just zig-zag it back and forth in a 50 ft length.

I found another posting that suggested that it is OK to fold the
counterpoise, as long as the folds are kept away from the antenna. Is
this true?

Assuming this is true, how far is far enough? It was anticipated that
the ribbon would run right up to the tuner. I could drop the 10M
conductor from the ribbon (using a separate radial for that) and put
the rest of the bands on ribbon cable that was 8.4 ft away. Or I
could put 10M, 12M, 17M and 20M on their own 4-conductor radial, 16.6
ft long, and start the ribbon cable for 30, 40/15, 80 and 160/60 at
the end of a 16.6 ft wire (which could even be a fifth conductor on
the high-band segment).

Ken KC2JDY

Ken
(to reply via email