Old January 16th 05, 07:58 PM
Gary V. Deutschmann, Sr.

Hi Airy

In my particular case I used the eyehook to hold a split tube.
But the eyehook can be bolted in, bent downward toward the blade and
manage to keep the wire at least 2 inches underground.

Also, if you hold the cleaver at a 45 degree angle, with the eyehook
at the top, you are still setting the wire about 2 inches below the
surface.

In practice, I lay the cleaver across the uncut grass, whack it with a
rubber mallet, tip it up 45 degrees and tap it with the mallet through
the cut. Before tilting it back down for the next grass cutting whack
I tamp the sod behind the head of the blade to hold the wire in place
so it don't pop back out.

I buried 3,500 feet of radials in one afternoon using the rubber
mallet and cleaver with eyehook. I only added the split tube because
I kept getting the eyehook caught in the sod which required an extra
whack with the mallet. After sticking the tube through the eyehook,
not only did I not get stuck in the sod, but the wire would stay in
place without jumping out occasionally also.

TTUL
Gary