Old February 2nd 04, 10:24 PM
Attila The Hun

Bob McConnell wrote:

I am curious about one thing. In 1977 I took the FCC test series for
the commercial phone license. I breezed through third class and passed
the second class elements, but missed first class by 6 points. If I
had turned around and taken the amateur tests at that time, without
the code requirement, what license would I have ended up with?

Bob McConnell
N2SPP

I received my Novice license in late 1974, and worked my way up the
amateur ranks to Advanced. I then moved over to the commercial exams,
and worked up to First Class. I may be wrong, but I don't think you
could get any class of amateur license, without a code test, back in
those days.