Old November 24th 03, 01:37 PM
Ryan, KC8PMX

Well, of course there is no such thing as a simple one sentence answer in
these regards. Specific details would have to be investigated for each
person. In my old man's case..... he feels it is a good deal. And the
funds that he would be recieving would go to his investments which would
yield a better dividend to him, and if things get really hairy, he can
always utilize those funds for care. Again, not the same for others.

--
Ryan KC8PMX

"Why is it one careless match can start a forest fire, but
it takes a whole box to start a barbecue?"

But there are certain things to check very carefully. For example, what
interest rate is used and what are the tax ramifications? What happens if,
heaven forbid, you dad signs the papers and passes away a few

days/weeks/months
later? Or, what about just the opposite, if he outlives the mortgage? (I

know a
93-year-old still active and living alone in his own, paid-off house).

There's also the issue of what happens if he has to go into a nursing

home-type
situation somewhere down the road.

73 de Jim, N2EY