Old February 3rd 04, 03:09 AM
Bob McConnell

On Mon, 02 Feb 2004 16:24:44 -0600, Attila The Hun
wrote:

Bob McConnell wrote:

I am curious about one thing. In 1977 I took the FCC test series for
the commercial phone license. I breezed through third class and passed
the second class elements, but missed first class by 6 points. If I
had turned around and taken the amateur tests at that time, without
the code requirement, what license would I have ended up with?

Bob McConnell
N2SPP

I received my Novice license in late 1974, and worked my way up the
amateur ranks to Advanced. I then moved over to the commercial exams,
and worked up to First Class. I may be wrong, but I don't think you
could get any class of amateur license, without a code test, back in
those days.

That is correct. The first codeless license (Technician) was
introduced Feb 1991. But how did the written portions compare between
the amateur and commercial licenses?

Bob McConnell
N2SPP