Old November 26th 03, 10:52 PM
Steve Robeson, K4CAP

"KØHB" wrote in message thlink.net...
"N2EY" wrote

In fact, except for the most basic of rules and regulations, your
argument leads to the inescapable conclusion that it is not necessary
for the goals and purposes of the Amateur Radio Service at this point
to mandate *any* learning through a testing requirement.

If you want people to quit making fun of you, quit posting such laughable
reductio ad absurdum arguments.

So far the only people I see "making fun" of Jim Miccolis are
those who cannot adequately argue the topic being debated, Hans.
There ARE those who make an arguement that the Amateur Radio
license should be nothing more than an expensive permit. It's been
archived here, Hans, and remains an "on-the-fringe" concept, but worse
ideas have made it into law.

As you are well aware, part of the FCC's Basis and Purpose of the
Amateur Radio Service is an expectation of technical learning. We are
effectively eliminating much of the "skill" reqirements, so how hard a
stretch is it to see some element of society arguing to eliminate any
technical knowledge, too...?!?!

73

Steve, K4YZ