Old November 27th 03, 05:28 PM
N2EY

In article , "Ryan, KC8PMX"
writes:

I just feel that the credit cards "trap" a person..... not only with dealing
with paying the damned things off but as a way of thinking when purchasing.

A problem with any new technology (credit cards are simply a financial
technology) is that new forms of thinking and acting have to be developed by
those who use the technology.

In a cash-only environment, I cannot spend money I don't have yet. With checks,
I can sometimes play games with 'getting to the bank before they do', but
that's pretty limited. With true credit cards, a new level of thinking and
discipline are needed to avoid digging oneself into a hole.

I think of credit cards as "instant debt" cards, which helps me avoid using
them! Instead, I use debit cards.

The "human nature/psychology" factor is a real thing, though. It's a different
thing to count out several hundred dollars in cash and hand it over, compared
to simply flashing the plastic.

73 de Jim, N2EY