Old November 30th 03, 01:27 AM
Dan/W4NTI

"Steve Robeson, K4CAP" wrote in message
om...
(Brian) wrote in message

. com...
"KØHB" wrote in message

thlink.net...
"Steve Robeson, K4CAP" wrote

I think it's great we FINALLY have a Commander-in-Chief
that makes you proud to render that salute again.

Speak for yourself. Dubya is an idiot. John McCain should be
Commander-in-Chief.

73, Hans, K0HB

McCain failed. He got captured.

I really question everyone calling that scenario a hero, and
definitely not Commander-in-Chief material.

Getting caught..?!?! perhaps not.

The "Commander-in-Chief" material comes from the strength of
character it took to not fold to interrogator's deamnds, to have not
lost faith with his comrades, and that he came home alive despite the
ordeal.

Yes...John McCain is an American Hero. Several times over...

And MY respect for the current Commander-in-Chief comes from the
fact that, wether you agree with him or not, when he's in the news,
it's about the business of the nation...Not who he's "doing" on the
sly or what nefarious deals his spouse is engaged in.

Had Billary stood up to the first accusations against him
(protesting the Viet Nam war while in England) and said, "Yes, I
protested the war. It was my right to do so as a citizen", even the
most right-wing Hawks would have had to give him credit as being
truthful. He didn't...he tried to lie his way out of it and was
proven to be a liar. Every SUBSEQUENT accusation that erupted also
had the opportunity for him to "stand up" and be counted, but he tried
to lie his way out of those, too.

Our present Commander-in-Chief may not be the smoothest orator or
do everything "right", but I have far greater respect for a man who
can try, fail, and admit to it than one who tries to lie his way out
of his actions.

Steve, K4YZ

Exactly....if that Klintoon Klown would have showed a bit of back bone, and
slapped the crap out of Hillary he would have earned my respect.

I remember how he treated the military....and how the vets turned their
backs on him at Arlington. Etc. Etc.

Now we have a man in charge. Not perfect, but a man none the less.

Dan/W4NTI