Old November 30th 03, 01:38 AM
Dan/W4NTI

"Alun" wrote in message
(N2EY) wrote in news:20031129115807.23307.00004755@mb-
m29.aol.com:

In article ,
(Brian) writes:

Blowhard libs have tried soooo hard to wreck this country.

So have blowhard conservatives.

They've nearly succeeded,

How is this country "wrecked", compared to how things used to be?

but there are still a few people who give a damn about America, and GW
is one of them.

There are lots of others, including many who disagree with Mr. Bush.

It's the methods, not the person.

Well, I'm a foreigner in your country, but you can't deny that the economy
boomed under Clinton and is now on it's knees.

I'm not fond of the present government, but mainly for other reasons.
Civil liberties and John Ashcroft, mostly.

All in all, I can't really think of anything GW Bush has done domestically
that is anything to shout about. Tax cuts for the rich. Deficit spending.
I'm really trying to think of anything good (honestly), but nothing comes
to mind.

As for the war, why open that can of worms? Yes, Saddam is/was a very bad
guy. Do I beleive the reasons given for going to war? No. And yes, Blair
went along with it, but I don't like him a lot either.

... but then I'm an anti-code test liberal, so what did you expect?

However, I actually do think it was a nice gesture for Dubbya to go to
Baghdad for Thanksgiving.

I'm sure this post will draw the usual 'love it or leave it' garbage from
at least someone, but never mind. I can take it.

The economy was taking a downturn BEFORE Clinton got out of office. The
economic policy of the Clinton presidency was what ??? Right, there was
none. He was riding on the coat tails of Reagan/Bush one.

Has everyone forgotten about 9/11? We are at war. Or has that little
detail been forgotten also?

It was not our choice to have some ragheads plow three jets into buildings,
and one into the ground and kill nearly 3000 innocents. Some of which were
MUSLIM.

But it is our choice how to respond. If you think Sadam didn't have
anything to do with it. Let me sell you a bridge in NYC.

Dan/W4NTI