Old December 1st 03, 11:58 AM
N2EY

In article ,
(Brian) writes:

(N2EY) wrote in message

So, there are no "Morse code haters" on the committee. There is no

conspiracy,
no secret agenda, no kickback from the manufacturers, no "black plan" from

the
ARRL, no anything. Just some guys that want nothing more than to see our

great
hobby prosper for the next hundred years, or longer.

N2EY: That's good to know. However, these ideas need to be considered on

their
merits, not on the personalities of those who wrote them.

Jim, it would appear, at least on the surface, that you would also
welcome the comments of Len Anderson.

I used to, Brian.

But for years, Mr. Anderson has used his "comments" as a way to voice
unprovoked insults and denigration of those who oppose his views. His
"comments" are rarely if ever without such ad hominem attacks. He is
particularly nasty to those who prove him to be mistaken on any point of radio
theory or history, as I have done many times.

Thus, his credibility in this newsgroup has been eroded over the years, to the
point where it does not exist at all any more.

Your credibility is also eroded, for similar reasons.

The authors of the "21st Century" paper are trying to bolster the credibility
of their ideas by pointing to their own personalities rather than the merits
of their arguments.

I guess that saying the right thing is important, even if you don't
mean it, or even if it's impossible. It makes everyone feel good.

Try considering what I wrote in the context of a reply to the authors of the
21st Century paper.