Old December 1st 03, 10:58 AM
N2EY

In article ,
(Brian) writes:

(N2EY) wrote in message
.com...
"Phil Kane" wrote in message

st.net...
On 29 Nov 2003 01:58:17 GMT, N2EY wrote:

And to our service people - spending next Thanksgiving with their
families at home.

Amen, brother.

Regardless of politics or policies, our prayers and thoughts are with
them.

73 de Jim, N2EY

There you go, Jim. Your prayers and moral support is all that you can
give to those deployed.

No, there's more.

Tearing down their CIC hurts them, not helps
them, and won't bring them home any sooner for Thanksgiving or
anything else.

So no one should criticize the president whenever there are troops deployed
anywhere? That's what you seem to be saying.

Who sent American military personnel to the Balkans? Should no one have
criticized him until they all came home?

There will always be deployed service people over
Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays.

Why must it be that way?

I was told growing up that there would *always* be a need for more and more
nuclear weapons and delivery systems, because we had to counter the Soviet
threat, and they'd *never* agree to dismantling their weapons or even seriously
reducing their numbers. SAC bombers in the air, boomers on patrol under the
sea, ICBMs in silos all over the country - and there was serious talk of
development of space-based systems, hypersonic cruise missiles, and many other
systems.

How much threat is the the old Soviet Union now? The biggest threat they pose
is if some of their weapons wind up in a terrorist's hands.

Recall that Gorbachev proposed massive dismantling of nukes 20 years ago but
Reagan would not agree because Gorby tied a ban on serious SDI development to
it.

That's just the way it works
when you raise your right hand and swear in. And all the people who
raise their right hands know it.

A lot of things thought to be impossible have become reality, though.